Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Who will finish the year higher in the standings

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Who do u think will finish higher in the standings? Ask this questions one month ago i probably would've been killed by Leafs fans but there might be a small chance Montreal can keep it up. They are currently tied with Toronto having one more game played. Is there a chance Montreal can shock us all? With Carey Price in net u never know. Discuss

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Toronto. They’re a top 6 team when healthy. A few teams I’d rank higher but they’re in the top 6 group imo. Just need a couple of upgrades on defense and they’d move into that top three Cup favourite group.

Last edited:

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
I'll say Toronto...mostly because I think they're the better team to soak up the gimmickry points of post-regulation play during the regular season. Likely playoff success...there I think the nod currently should go to Montreal. The Habs look far more like a playoff contender right now.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Toronto - I'm not delusional. I think our new guys are just on a hot streak right now. It would be different if Price was posting shutouts (maybe he's back at MVP level), as that might be more believably sustainable, but I don't think we're going to be winning a lot 6-4 games over the course of the season.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Toronto...because they're...you know...the better team.

Montreal has looked great and they're playing well beyond expectations but it's a long season.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
What the Habs are doing right now is great but the Leafs are a cup contender and the Habs are not. Unless the Leafs pull a Oiler season of last year they will be 15 to 25 points ahead of the Habs by the end of the season.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Another leafs thread started by a non leaf fan (although to be fair, in this posters case, 28 of their last 50 posts have involved the leafs somehow)

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Toronto. I wouldn't be surprised if we slipped into a wild card position or even a point or two out by the end of November, but when Matthews gets back, its show time

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
just got back dermott and hopefully, willy will join us soon and we can be good until matthews comes back cause then its a wrap.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Montreal Impact will probably be better than Toronto FC again next year. Not sure why a soccer poll is here though. Surely you can’t be talking about the NHL teams.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I went with the Leafs, Raptors, and Blue Jays. Sorry Montreal fans. Still it's awesome that we are talking about the Habs this season positively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad