GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs. Colorado Avalanche- 2/17/16 8:00pm EST SN, RDS (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
DLR, Patch and Dutch "I'm a superstar" Weise? Whatever...clearly DLR is the second coming of DD in MT's eyes. It's disgusting. **** I hate this coach.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Need a new shot of Bergevin fidgeting and looking depressed.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Obviously, yeah.

What you just posted is completely and utterly irrelevant. You said that no player could possibly produce top 6 production playing an average of 14 minutes a game. I simply said that Galchenyuk did just that. He even did it in his first year in the NHL. I never said he was posting elite top 6 numbers, only that he was posting top 6 numbers. Galchenyuk IS a top 6 player. He was producing as a top 6 player while playing on the third line, with third line minutes, with third line linemates. Eller hasn't been able to do that. That's the argument. You veered off in a completely different direction.

Are you seriously arguing that Eller is more talented than Galchenyuk? Or could be just as effective???
No, Eller being top 6 worthy or not is supposed to be falsifiable, like a scientific hypothesis, but the experiment was never even attempted, hence I am arguing it is an inconclusive conclusion whether he is top 6 material or not. By not trying him out in the top 6, we lose definitive proof EITHER WAY about him as a top 6 forward. GET THE POINT?

Top 6 production involves the point-per-game pace. Or can also be defined as expected point totals over an 82 game season. 40 in 82 is not top 6 caliber. 50 in 82 is bottom rung.

27 in 48 and 31 in 65 are not top 6 worthy numbers. Those come out to 46 and 39 points total over a whole season. But when accouting for the limited icetime he produced those numbers in, it is an indicator that he could be(and very likely so) be top 6 material. But the raw points are not top 6 worthy, just that he should be placed into the top 6 with the hope that he produces even more with more minutes. That is the nuance you must grasp before misunderstanding what I say.

You can call them obscenely efficient, highly promising, and deserving of more minutes and I would agree, but without more icetime for Galchenyuk, HE IS NOT BREAKING 50. You want 50-70 point Galchenyuk, you need him to play at least 15 minutes, preferably 16-17 minutes. 50+ point Galchenyuk is not happening with him playing 14 minutes a night.

Galchenyuk has never had solely third line linemates. He had at least had Gallagher, Plekanec, and Gionta, which are a cut above Rene Bourque, Dale Weise, and Jiri Sekac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad