Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban!!!!! 2 years/$5.75M

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Please stop saying "I know some natives" because it doesn't help your case. It really doesn't. What opened my eyes to the Canadian atrocities to the Natives was the Unrepentant documentary by Kevin Annett. You don't have to know Natives to feel for them after that.

Hopefully that ends the derail.

Congratulations for not knowing any natives, I guess?

I don't get this comment at all.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Let me put it in another way: under Therrien if Subban is not fighting hard for loose pucks, not standing up for his teammates and/or not willing to stand his ground, he will have a hard time. He needs to acknowledge and integrate the new culture in Habs land.

That’s what I meant when I wrote "... I somewhat agree with Habtchum here: PK will need to find his way back into the team...".

Again: am I worried? Not at all. PK is growing right before our eyes. And Montréal is the perfect place for him to thrive.

PS I am more critical than you vs Pk but, I think, I also have more confidence in him than you.

Have you ever seen PK not do these things ? For a skilled player, he has the best on ice work ethic since Koivu.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Have you ever seen PK not do these things ? For a skilled player, he has the best on ice work ethic since Koivu.
Yes. He gets involved in more fights for the puck, than any D-man
I remember. And he wins more than his share. It's one of the less noticed
ways he helps the team.

PricePkPatch*

Man, RDS is ****ing hypocrite..

"PK is such a distraction at times. Today, everybody kept asking about him"

Well.. DUH. The MEDIA are distracting the players with PK Subban.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I don't think there is much resentment in the lockerroom towards pk, however, I do find comments from gorges to be a bit off. Bgally scored and acted like he knew he would score plenty more, or something to that effect. Not sure if he was referring to pk indirectly or if it was a shot at Yakupov, either way, I wish players would keep their comments to themselves about other peoples flamboyance and excitement, nothing wrong with celebrating. imo. I think that dinosaur mentality needs put to rest.

habspinner

Jul 12, 2009
MTL
Yes. He gets involved in more fights for the puck, than any D-man
I remember. And he wins more than his share. It's one of the less noticed
ways he helps the team.

Really people don't notice these things? What are they doing whilst watching our young chap play?

But seriously, I think everyone should chill. This will all blow over and everyone will be happy as long as they continue to win.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
SO much hate for PK on RDS, its unbelievable. I cant even watch, I have to eave the room.

It's not just RDS. TSN has joined in too. Part of me wishes PK could get moved somewhere else where he can flourish on his own without the media and fans questioning every single thing he does.

"he's bad in the room".."he needs to mature"....there are players who have beaten women, been involved in **** cases, gotten other women pregnant while married but that seems to be OK.

If he's late for meetings then yes, there's no excuse for that and he needs to get it together, but I've never seen so much crap made out of nothing.

Grade A character assassination.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Really people don't notice these things? What are they doing whilst watching our young chap play?

But seriously, I think everyone should chill. This will all blow over and everyone will be happy as long as they continue to win.

His defensive game is so underrated. I really question whether people actually pay attention to his defensive game at all.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
These Pejorative Slured media members are the same ones that complain when we trade these player tat go perform elsewhere or complain that we don't have exciting young players like PK :shakehead

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
These Pejorative Slured media members are the same ones that complain when we trade these player tat go perform elsewhere or complain that we don't have exciting young players like PK :shakehead

A bunch of idiots is what they are. Haven't seen any worthy opinions coming from the French, so-called hockey experts in a long while.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I don't think there is much resentment in the lockerroom towards pk, however, I do find comments from gorges to be a bit off. Bgally scored and acted like he knew he would score plenty more, or something to that effect. Not sure if he was referring to pk indirectly or if it was a shot at Yakupov, either way, I wish players would keep their comments to themselves about other peoples flamboyance and excitement, nothing wrong with celebrating. imo. I think that dinosaur mentality needs put to rest.

Gorges really bothers me. His antics during the lockout and now this crap. It's really silly, why not just tow the company line and give the typical hockey player answer? You don't want to talk about PK, fine. But taking shots at him will just create even more **** and give the media ammunition.

Makes no sense. Hate when players crap on teammates in the media. All this "team" talk is ********.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

Well sure, chillin' is enjoyable. I'll put my feet up, crack a cool one, and
take you're advice.
But talking up our players, and that includes PK, is fun as well. And it's why
most of us come to these boards.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
UtyxHhu.jpg

:laugh:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Glad PK is signed, Phillie must be getting desperate for help on defense...maybe we can send them Kaberle for a 2nd? :sarcasm:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
That just seems to come with the territory when you are on AC.

Just look at the Idle No More movement - racism against natives is still a huge problem in Canada.

But it's different when it comes to someone like Price, because most people don't even know about Price's first nations heritage. Unlike say, Tootoo, Price doesn't really practice many traditions as far as I know, and while his mother was a chief, he wasn't raised on a reservation (though he grew up near one). It's a part of his heritage, but like a lot of mixed native hockey players, it's something only fans really know about.

We actually have two players of indigenous ancestry; Bourque is métis (hence the French name) and has done a lot of off-ice work for Albertan native communities. Wonder if Price and Bourque have discussed doing any charitable work together, it would be good to see the organization represented in such a way.

Very interesting post (lots of info).

And didn't know Bourque is Metis (half native Canadian). Price...I laready knew his mother is native Canadian. Interesting info indeed. I'm pulling for Bourque to pick up his game and be the player we all know he can be (solid, gritty power forward).
I'm guilty of bashing Bourque for last season but was also hoping he could pick up his game for our Habs. Pleks is good for any player...and maybe DD can be good as well for Bourque or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad