Pre-Game Talk: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators Game 3

• Thread starter FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Actually I think Neil brings the kind of intimidation we have not seen from the Sens so far. They were much more gritty and imposing two years ago.

Chris Neil will not bring back that intimidation factor. It was MacLean's aggressive, finish your check, style of play that had us intimidated. Cameron prefers a track meet, run and gun, style of play which the Habs thrive against, unless it's against a team as fast and skilled as the Bolts. An injured Neil will just make this Sens team weaker and easier to play against.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Both moves are pretty smart actually I think. You can't waste any time in the playoffs and Neil and Anderson have had some playoff mojo before. With the home crowd bringing energy to the team I expect the toughest opposition we've had yet in this series. Too bad we're the better team and are gonna win it anyways :nod:

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I hope the Habs keep level headed and focus on game three, and not what they accomplished in 1 and 2. The Sens have been comeback kids, pesky sens, and took us out 2 years ago. We are the better team but still need to execute and get out of Ottawa with at least 1 win. hopefully 2. Lets go Habitants!

The Habs are far from perfect...

But they are full of PO vets and young PO vets.

They will be fine in that department.

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I am not one bit worried about the intimidation factor coming into this game. Let's not forget these guys played an 4 games at the TD Garden in last year's playoffs. They know what it is.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Our playoff experience is what can win us this game. Sens are going to be cruising and Anderson can be scary. We need to weather the storm and keep pressing. We will slip one by him eventually. Price is going to need to be sharp. This will be the toughest game of the series BY FAR.

negative77

I love 4th lines
Nov 10, 2014
Norway
Looks like panic mode in Ottawa. If Anderson and Neil is everything they can throw at us, I think we'll be fine. Not much depth there. And if they think the Habs will be intimidated by Neil, they are very wrong. These Habs are tough, both mentally and physically.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
SENS are back to Earth. They thought they could win the Stanley Cup with an AHL goalie lol

Wow, what a bunch of morons. That could never happen.

drydennew20.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
We were lucky to win game #1, had to wait until OT to win #2 yet some people think we are steamrolling them. This is far from over.

"Lucky" to win game one? What are you talking about? The Sens had 6 PPs compared to our 1, and that included a 2 minute 5-on-3 and a 5 minute PP where they only scored once. We also scored a shorthanded goal. We played poorly for 10 minutes in the 1st period, but we dominated that game for the most part, and that was without Pacioretty all game and without Subban for more than half the game. Luck? No. We were just plain better.

Analyzer*

Montreal can't score on Anderson, so I'm kind of glad I'm working tonight.

That's right Geo, potentially nightshift buddies again.

Potentially...

Go habs

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Subban and Price are gonna get jeered sooo damn much. Oh wait, so is Karlsson and whoever the hens' goalie is since it's a semi-home game. I will be so freaking satisfied going to work (right after the game) if we pull of a win.

DLR gets a goal. GO HABS GO!

Not worried about this haha. Our boys can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad