Pre-Game Talk: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators Game 3

• Thread starter FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Really, really dumb move if the play Anderson.

I disagree. Hammond had a good run but Anderson clearly the better goalie IMO. It's one thing to go on a streak and do well for 20 some games in net. Anderson has shown over a much longer period of time that he was a good goalie in the NHL. Hammond hasn't established himself as a strong goalie in any league.

game 1, hammond looked bad.

game 2, he kept the sens in the game.

but i agree. anderson is the better goalie, i just don't think hammond is to blame for their losses. their d turns it over a lot, and gives up a ton of odd man rushes.

Made some good saves in the 2nd game but still gave up 2 softies. Can't happen. On the whole he hasn't been nearly good enough in the first 2 games for the Sens and there's nothing in the past that would indicate he had any kind of prolonged success in any league.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You need two to tango. If the Habs ignore Neil just like they did with Thornton last year they will be fine. Guys like Subban are smart enough to know it's not worth going off 5 minutes for Chris Neil.

Frankly putting Neil in for Alex Chiasson is a huge mistake. One player has skills and speed to score and the other can just be outskated.
I agree, Neil in for Chiasson is great for us. It's Shawn Thorton all over again. Just don't get dragged into the crap and go out and take advantage of him being out there. This is a very good thing.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I agree, Neil in for Chiasson is great for us. It's Shawn Thorton all over again. Just don't get dragged into the crap and go out and take advantage of him being out there. This is a very good thing.

Yea that's a good move but Anderson coming in is a bad one. Hopefully the Habs can score early for once and rattle him!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I think that's probably the right choice for Ottawa. I just hope he gives up a bad goal early... :)

He has only played 4 games since January so hopefully he is rusty and the Habs can sneak some past him. With Craig Anderson you don't know what you get, Either he goes god mode like in 2013 or he is just like any other goalie and lets in softies. That's the risk in playing against Anderson. If he's hot it's going to be tougher to beat him than Hammond.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Lavoie - Craig Anderson vs #canadiens

4 games played in the last 3 months!!!!

Chris Neil: 0 games played in the last 2 months.

MTL 4th line should be eating Neil-Legwand-Hoffman in their defensive zone.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
The Sens are doing whatever they can to win tonight, even if it means going for Anderson. What the Habs have to do is continue generating chances and score early.

The Sen will bring it for the the first ten minutes, but I think the Habs already know this. They will be ready.

Price will make some good saves and the Habs will finally win by 2 or more goals. I think we will take this 5-2.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
C'mon, just leave the burger in. I think this is the time we really see Jesus Price come back from the regular season. And on the third game, he rose again.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Micro improvement in Stone's health status

"Stone says he feels a bit better than he did a few days ago. Still hurts but he's ready to go again tonight"

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Micro improvement in Stone's health status

"Stone says he feels a bit better than he did a few days ago. Still hurts but he's ready to go again tonight"

NHL honestly should've fined the Sens for the blatant lobbying to get Subban suspended. A big joke.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Anderson has played 4 games since January and won 1. If that's your way of shaking things up, you've already sealed up this series and handed it to the Habs.

Neil in for Chiasson? LOL.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So Neil and Anderson are in. Washed up Neil, and Anderson, who has played something like 4 games since January and is coming in cold.

Habs gotta kick that killer instinct into gear tonight and go up 3-0.

Like I said yesterday, I expect the Sens to come out flying in the first 5 minutes until things get settled in. It might even be less than 5 minutes if Anderson is shaky and we can spring Pacioretty or someone else early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad