GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators 7:00PM EST (SN1,RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Historic lesson here: Lou Depryck is the voice behind Plastic Bertrand's three first album. He's the original.

Not sure it's 'historic' but... Didn't know that. Interesting. When I saw the Deprijck video, first thing that struck me was how close to the original version it sounded, especially the voice. So it turns out that Roger Jouret actually is NOT Plastic Bertrand? :amazed:

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...stic-bertrand-admits-miming-1970s-pop-classic

Dug into this a bit more. Means that none of Plastic Bertrand's major hits (Jacques Cousteau, Téléphone à téléphone mon bijou, Tout petit la planète, Hula Hop, Stop Ou Encore) were actually sung by Jouret :amazed:X2

Pisses me off, this is usually the type of **** I know about, but thanks for the history lesson ;)

Must be cool going through life with a name like Deprijck. I'd do my best to honor and live up to it every day :D

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Whothe hell is Komarov? And what does he have to do with Subban..?

I unsderstand the joke but let's be real here, Subban is Subban and the only way he has a bad game is because of Subban. The end. *drop the mic*

Subban's level of play has dropped since Komarov's dirty hit during the Toronto game.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Subban's level of play has dropped since Komarov's dirty hit during the Toronto game.

You're acting like Komarov is the black man's Kryptonite. You seriously don't blieve that Subban really let Komarov get in his head do you? :laugh:

And dirty hit what? Again, I am the original Subban #1 fan (Next Best Thing) so there's nothing you or anyone can say about him that will phase me but I'll be the FIRST to acknowledge that he had an average game - due to HIMSELF - and that the Komarov "hit" on him was a nice partial dive by ours truly. That incident has absolutely no bearing what so ever on his level of play.

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
A'ight so it's battle of the backups tonight. Thank God because even if he played yesterday, Anderson would've found a way to become the second coming of Hasek anyway...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Hmmm.
Does that include the pre-season cause he was pretty bad to brutal most nights.
I don't really notice a hitch to his stride.
There is the issue of him relying too much on his physical side and not enough on his mobility to win pucks. Is the lack of mobility concerning you?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You're acting like Komarov is the black man's Kryptonite. You seriously don't blieve that Subban really let Komarov get in his head do you? :laugh:

And dirty hit what? Again, I am the original Subban #1 fan (Next Best Thing) so there's nothing you or anyone can say about him that will phase me but I'll be the FIRST to acknowledge that he had an average game - due to HIMSELF - and that the Komarov "hit" on him was a nice partial dive by ours truly. That incident has absolutely no bearing what so ever on his level of play.

Unless he's playing with a slight injury...which is possible. He's not indestructible, he's only human. He was noticeably slow last game, I don't see how the possibility should be ruled out.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Unless he's playing with a slight injury...which is possible. He's not indestructible, he's only human. He was noticeably slow last game, I don't see how the possibility should be ruled out.

Yes, he was indeed noticeably slow, but that wasn't due to the hit. Is it also safe to assume hockey players have a night off from time to time? A motivated Subban would have torn that team apart.

I don't want to do this, but I'll call my boy out right now. He let himself get hit because of the low IDGAF factor.

Now excuse me I have to pack my bags now to go have thanksgiving dinner with the gf's family in... *shudder* Ottawa. :help:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Byron supposed to be in the line-up tonight. Replaces Flynn or Mitchell?
Big test, hope Condon is well oiled up.

Go :habs Go

Byron is playing tonight right?

Sounds like he is replacing Flynn on the 4th line, Updated OP

Can't wait to see what Lord Byron can do.

According to this, he's not in the lienup :dunno:

Flynn must be good to go. Shootout menace :sarcasm:

EDIT:

^^^ what Charlie Brown said ;) ^^^

Last edited:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Not sure it's 'historic' but... Didn't know that. Interesting. When I saw the Deprijck video, first thing that struck me was how close to the original version it sounded, especially the voice. So it turns out that Roger Jouret actually is NOT Plastic Bertrand? :amazed:

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...stic-bertrand-admits-miming-1970s-pop-classic

Dug into this a bit more. Means that none of Plastic Bertrand's major hits (Jacques Cousteau, Téléphone à téléphone mon bijou, Tout petit la planète, Hula Hop, Stop Ou Encore) were actually sung by Jouret :amazed:X2

Pisses me off, this is usually the type of **** I know about, but thanks for the history lesson ;)

Must be cool going through life with a name like Deprijck. I'd do my best to honor and live up to it every day :D

Wow, I didn't know that one either. Floored.

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
I'm just happy I don't have to see Anderson tonight. I hate even looking at that alien looking *******.

Just noticed your location. What are you doing in Vatican city? I'm a Canadian Sens' fan and I just moved to Rome in August. Have you found any pubs that show hockey yet?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
According to this, he's not in the lienup :dunno:

Flynn must be good to go. Shootout menace :sarcasm:

EDIT:

^^^ what Charlie Brown said ;) ^^^

Ugh.. can't stand Flynn... a truly average player who stands out in no ways. Was perfect time to insert Byron and see what he can do... especially against his hometown team. I are disappoint. Argh...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yes, he was indeed noticeably slow, but that wasn't due to the hit. Is it also safe to assume hockey players have a night off from time to time? A motivated Subban would have torn that team apart.

I don't want to do this, but I'll call my boy out right now. He let himself get hit because of the low IDGAF factor.

Like I said, Subban is human not machine. It is possible for him to have pain slow him down as much as it is having a bad game. My point is, Michelangelo's opinion is just as valid as yours on the matter of why Subban looked slow last game.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Such ******** by Therrien to not play Byron. I really have no idea what he sees in Flynn.. :facepalm:

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Like I said, Subban is human not machine. It is possible for him to have pain slow him down as much as it is having a bad game. My point is, Michelangelo's opinion is just as valid as yours on the matter of why Subban looked slow last game.

Park told me PK was injured

Then again, no hockey players play without injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad