GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ N.Y. Islanders | 7pm 05/03/2013 | RDS, MSG+2 | Drinking Game Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Bring some back for me! I enjoy a nice Islay, my preferred one these days is the Lagavulin 16 years.

aich. Tried an Islay once, it's horrible. I'm more of an Highland fan.

The best one I tried to far:

ABERFELDY-21%20YR.jpg

Aberfeldy 21 years, Single-malt

Man, this thing is supreme. About 150$ for a 70cl bottle, tho.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
:habs
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Prust-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Ryder
Moen-White-Armstrong

Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Gorges
Kaberle - Subban

Price

:isles
Moulson-Tavares-Boyes
Okposo-Neilsen-Bailey
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Ullstrom-Reasoner-Grabner

Martinek- Hickey
Streit-Finley
Macdonald-Hamonic

Nabokov

Montreal
Last 10: 7-0-3
1st in East, 32pts
New York
Last 10: 5-4-1
11th in East, 20pts​

Notes shamelessly copy-pasted from from NHL.com:
This will be Montreal’s second in a five-game road swing and injuries are starting to affect how coach Michel Therrien doles out his ice time. Defensemen Andrei Markov (27:03) and P.K. Subban (26:49) each established new season highs for ice time in Sunday night’s big 4-3 win in Boston. When Raphael Diaz was healthy, Therrien liked the balance on his three defense pairings and it was largely special teams that created the differences in the ice time given to each. But now he is appearing to lean heavier on his top guys, a group that also includes Josh Gorges and Alexei Emelin.

The last time the Islanders faced the Canadiens, they were hoping to break out of a slump that saw them lose seven of their previous nine games. That come-from-behind, overtime win in Montreal appears to have done that, with the Islanders going 3-2-1 in their last six dating back to that win. But the power play is a problem, going four straight games without scoring (0-for-11). The Islanders’ power play is truly strange in that it is clicking at a 16.4 percent rate at home, 23rd in the National Hockey League, but it’s a League-best 32.3 percent on the road. This game against the Canadiens is the fifth of a seven-game homestand.

Players to look out for:
Habs: Brian Gionta, Travis Moen, Francois Bouillon
Isles: Tavares, Moulson, Streit, DiPietro

THE MONTREAL CANADIENS GDT DRINKING GAME

Req: Beer, or if you're a man, whiskey
Take 1 drink if:
  • The RDS commentator uses the word "péniblement"
  • The Habs commit an icing with seconds left in the period
  • Lars Eller makes a good play and everyone in the thread mentions how he should play more
  • Someone complains about Moen
  • Gionta shoots high-and-wide
  • Emelin crushes someone
Take 2 drinks if:
  • You lose sight of David Desharnais during a play because he's by the near-sideboards and only spot him by noticing his floating helmet
  • Ryan White commits a penalty and everyone in the thread erupts in rage
  • Carey Price lets in a goal and Maliki2 mentions it (drink every time he mentions the goal)
  • Someone complains about Armstrong
  • Someone mentions that Emelin has metal plates in his eye
Take 3 drinks if:
  • Brian Gionta skates the puck to the o-zone blueline, dumps it and then runs off to change (aka The Dump-and-Change)
  • A Hab commits a delay-of-game puck over the glass and it makes you miss Hamrlik and Spacek
  • Gionta misses an impossible-to-miss open net
  • Someone calls Pacioretty "Wolverine"
  • A goal is scored
Finish drink if:
  • Price lets in less than one goal
  • Gionta completes a hat-trick
  • You think about your ex and it makes you wonder how thing's could've been...
  • A player is traded mid-game
Finish a brand new drink if:
  • Thomas Kaberle scores the 20,000th goal in Montreal Canadiens history

5TUdpiS.png

wA2DEpY.gif

I've never made a GDT, hope this is okay.

Well, there goes my night.

aich. Tried an Islay once, it's horrible. I'm more of an Highland fan.

Blasphemy. As far as I'm concerned, Islay IS scotch.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I expect the 4th line to make a lot of noise tonight. No way does an emotional person like Michel Therrien let their half an effort against Boston go away so easily. It's pretty obvious now that Travis Moen had seen the arrival of Brandon Prust and the return of Ryan White as an easy way out of having to fight for protection reasons or creating a spark.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Take 2 drinks if:

You lose sight of David Desharnais during a play because he's by the near-sideboards and only spot him by noticing his floating helmet
Ryan White commits a penalty and everyone in the thread erupts in rage
Carey Price lets in a goal and Maliki2 mentions it (drink every time he mentions the goal)
Someone complains about Armstrong
Someone mentions that Emelin has metal plates in his eye

So does that mean that when I post, people must drink?

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
good work on the little GDT you did WhiskeySeven:handclap:, a lot of instructions:laugh:

Habs win this one 5-2,

Patches
Plekanec
Moen
Markov
Eller

somehow Galchenyuk gets first star.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
For those of us stuck watching an Islanders stream, I will add the following. Take 1 drink if Butch Goring mispronounces a name.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I will make a bold prediction, if we win the game tonight in a convincing matter, we will win the cup in the next three seasons.

PricePkPatch*

Blasphemy. As far as I'm concerned, Islay IS scotch.

Meh. They have 8 refineries on that small island.

Compare to the hundred factories in Speyside alone.

Plus, Lowland and Highland provide some great contrasts to Speyside and Islay...

These things are purely subjective, you have to admit ;)

JHabs61

Jan 9, 2011
Could make some people super drunk simply by constantly complaining about Armstrong.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Meh. They have 8 refineries on that small island.

Compare to the hundred factories in Speyside alone.

Plus, Lowland and Highland provide some great contrasts to Speyside and Islay...

These things are purely subjective, you have to admit ;)

Well of course, to each their own, bit I love peat heavy scotch. I know there's some great complex highland scotches, but if I want to splurge on scotch, I want taste peate, salt and smoke.

PricePkPatch*

Well of course, to each their own, bit I love peat heavy scotch. I know there's some great complex highland scotches, but if I want to splurge on scotch, I want taste peate, salt and smoke.

Depends what you need in your scotch, I'd guess ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad