GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ N.Y. Islanders | 7pm 05/03/2013 | RDS, MSG+2 | Drinking Game Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Montreal Canadiens @ New York Islanders | 7:00pm et | RDS & MSG+2

h3eto777zgeacyxfg.jpg

xtvcb2t2b5326l1fg.jpg

by47g0hzxd5yrbifg.jpg

Last Game Against Them

------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't seen this I strongly advise that you watch it.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Strange to say but Isles have owned us of late and we're coming off a huge weekend.

I would normally say Habs are going to lose, but they're not. Totally a Habs win tonight...

Nevermind, Habs lose 4-2.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Strange to say but Isles have owned us of late and we're coming off a huge weekend.

I would normally say Habs are going to lose, but they're not. Totally a Habs win tonight...

Nevermind, Habs lose 4-2.

Bipolar much? :laugh:

I hope it's a good game, prefer 2 points of course.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Habs have let in 10 goals over the last two games, I'm hoping we tighten up that defense. I believe MT will ask the same of his team, expecting a boring, very defensive game.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
:habs
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Prust-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Ryder
Moen-White-Armstrong

Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Gorges
Kaberle - Subban

Price

:isles
Moulson-Tavares-Boyes
Okposo-Neilsen-Bailey
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Ullstrom-Reasoner-Grabner

Martinek- Hickey
Streit-Finley
Macdonald-Hamonic

Nabokov

Montreal
Last 10: 7-0-3
1st in East, 32pts
New York
Last 10: 5-4-1
11th in East, 20pts​

Notes shamelessly copy-pasted from from NHL.com:
This will be Montreal’s second in a five-game road swing and injuries are starting to affect how coach Michel Therrien doles out his ice time. Defensemen Andrei Markov (27:03) and P.K. Subban (26:49) each established new season highs for ice time in Sunday night’s big 4-3 win in Boston. When Raphael Diaz was healthy, Therrien liked the balance on his three defense pairings and it was largely special teams that created the differences in the ice time given to each. But now he is appearing to lean heavier on his top guys, a group that also includes Josh Gorges and Alexei Emelin.

The last time the Islanders faced the Canadiens, they were hoping to break out of a slump that saw them lose seven of their previous nine games. That come-from-behind, overtime win in Montreal appears to have done that, with the Islanders going 3-2-1 in their last six dating back to that win. But the power play is a problem, going four straight games without scoring (0-for-11). The Islanders’ power play is truly strange in that it is clicking at a 16.4 percent rate at home, 23rd in the National Hockey League, but it’s a League-best 32.3 percent on the road. This game against the Canadiens is the fifth of a seven-game homestand.

Players to look out for:
Habs: Brian Gionta, Travis Moen, Francois Bouillon
Isles: Tavares, Moulson, Streit, DiPietro

THE MONTREAL CANADIENS GDT DRINKING GAME

Req: Beer, or if you're a man, whiskey
Take 1 drink if:
  • The RDS commentator uses the word "péniblement"
  • The Habs commit an icing with seconds left in the period
  • Lars Eller makes a good play and everyone in the thread mentions how he should play more
  • Someone complains about Moen
  • Gionta shoots high-and-wide
  • Emelin crushes someone
Take 2 drinks if:
  • You lose sight of David Desharnais during a play because he's by the near-sideboards and only spot him by noticing his floating helmet
  • Ryan White commits a penalty and everyone in the thread erupts in rage
  • Carey Price lets in a goal and Maliki2 mentions it (drink every time he mentions the goal)
  • Someone complains about Armstrong
  • Someone mentions that Emelin has metal plates in his eye
Take 3 drinks if:
  • Brian Gionta skates the puck to the o-zone blueline, dumps it and then runs off to change (aka The Dump-and-Change)
  • A Hab commits a delay-of-game puck over the glass and it makes you miss Hamrlik and Spacek
  • Gionta misses an impossible-to-miss open net
  • Someone calls Pacioretty "Wolverine"
  • A goal is scored
Finish drink if:
  • Price lets in less than one goal
  • Gionta completes a hat-trick
  • You think about your ex and it makes you wonder how thing's could've been...
  • A player is traded mid-game
Finish a brand new drink if:
  • Thomas Kaberle scores the 20,000th goal in Montreal Canadiens history

5TUdpiS.png

wA2DEpY.gif

I've never made a GDT, hope this is okay.

Last edited:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Nice GDT! Some errors with Montreal lines (Ryder and Gionta should be on the right), but good stuff nonetheless!

We win this one 3-1. First goal for Ryder in a habs jersey this season.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Habs have let in 10 goals over the last two games, I'm hoping we tighten up that defense. I believe MT will ask the same of his team, expecting a boring, very defensive game.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Why even keep Red at home!?! I'll take a triple of Black neat please :)

Where I currently reside, it's hard to come across alcohol. I'm going to France in a few weeks though, going to binge on good wine and absinthe there.

PricePkPatch*

Where I currently reside, it's hard to come across alcohol. I'm going to France in a few weeks though, going to binge on good wine and absinthe there.

Where do you live? Middle-East?

Currently in Scotch Country; some good stuff around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad