GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins, May 1st (Thursday) 19:30, CBC RDS NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HABS win CUPS*

Did anyone really expect us to outplay the Bruins in Boston after 10 games off? We need to improve but this was exactly the start we needed.

Yea Therrien is really impressing the **** out of me I don't know how that period could have gone more perfect than that obvious we would be sluggish for the start

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Stay classy Bosten

tumblr_mzjjus7yuk1rnyqf4o1_r1_500.gif

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
Not a bad start! However, I have to pace myself. Already a nervous wreck after 20 minutes!

Really liked what Ken Dryden said about this series in the Wall Street Journal:

"For the Canadiens to win, there may need to be a changing of the guard. Chara is 37, Subban 24. If the Canadiens can avoid being run over by the bigger Bruins; if they can continue to look quick, not small, they may make an older Chara look less overwhelming.

Every great competitor needs a great opponent. Ali needed Frazier; Nicklaus needed Palmer; Federer needs Nadal. Each forces the best out of the other. The Canadiens need the Bruins, and the Bruins need the Canadiens. Each will put the other to the test."

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Vanek had a slow start.

Foolish to start wanting to blow up the lines. He will get into form soon enough.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The Bruins are a faster team than the Habs.

Can't say much after one period and a long lay off.....Habs played a smart period 1...They never came out and tryed to bang or scrum with the Bruins.... Sat back waited for a penalty and scored.

Let's watch next few games.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Vanek and Pacioretty need to get moving, they seem like they are watching and desharnais is the only one working.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
I was just about to post this, whine whine whine is all that happens here.

Yeah, all said and done, that was a great first period. I expected a brutal 10 min or so, but no such thing. An edge to the bruins for sure, but we were never dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad