News Article: Montreal Canadiens: 2013 NHL Draft War Room

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Didn't really follow the prospects this year. Just wanted to know why J.Subban's name isn't cited more often. Is it a given that we draft him with one of our 2nds? Or you guys just don't want him? Thanks for your input guys and keep getting us informed!

Subban is an undersized puck moving defenseman, and depending on who you follow is considered a late second round or early third round pick.

The earliest the Canadiens will be even looking at him is with the last pick in the second round.

I'd like us to draft Ryan Hartman and Michael McCarron if they fall into the second round at #34 and #36 if they are available.

At #25 we should get a good player.... Too many good players...but a power winger would certain,y fill a hole.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Why do people want Hartman ? He will top out at 30 pts in the nhl and will not be a top 6 player. He is a guy you reach on in the 5th round. Not with our first rounder. If we take Hartman I will be livid.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Why do people want Hartman ? He will top out at 30 pts in the nhl and will not be a top 6 player. He is a guy you reach on in the 5th round. Not with our first rounder. If we take Hartman I will be livid.

People compare him Ryan Callahan, thats why.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
THIS IS WHERE TIMMINS AND HIS STAFF ARE RIGHT NOW AND FOR THE WHOLE NIGHT...

DiIUwLR.jpg

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Anyone want a bet Jones falls to #3, maybe 4?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Shanahan? Not sure about that one. The dude was a PF winger who scored 50 goals and got 200 PIMs in a season. That's not Monahan's game, from what I've seen of it. If it was, along with his qualities as a pretty good two-way C, he'd be top ranked or close to it.

Anyway, although I am sceptical when people say, "draft BPA, never for need!" because I think BPA is such an elastic concept that can include preference based on position, I don't think you pass up on the top rated prospect on your draft list just because of his position. If Morin is the top player on Timmins' list at 25, then the Habs just take him.

I just don't think you make your draft list saying: forget defencemen, we have enough of those, let's get a nasty forward! In making your list of best players, I do think there's some room to say, for instance, that a potential top 4 D bruiser with a mean face might or might not be a better prospect than a potential top 6 F smasher with an angry face, all else being equal, but if your list ends with one ahead of the other, then you go with that player on draft day regardless of his position and your immediate roster need.

Good post but I respectfully disagree. I think forwards should be drafted in round 1, D in round 2, and G in round 3 earliest. With exceptions for obvious stars like Jones of course.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
the habs are going to be a very, very popular team at the beginning of the draft. they hold two very high seconds that will interest many teams who see their favorite player still hanging around at that spot. they could get significant offers for those picks - esp. if as many scouts have suggested, 20-40 are still 1st rounders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad