Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadien Offer Sheet Sebastian Aho (5 Years @ $8.54M) - He's Signed It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Carolina cannot trade Aho.
That's not what I said. Is there a rule that they could not make a seperate trade? That's how the Gratton situation played out. If the Habs really want this player, I would think they would consider some type of trade, otherwise the offer sheet will probably just be matched .

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Does the offer have a full NTC and NMC? If so, it means AHO is heading to Free Agency almost certainly....and if he stays with the Canes, we will see in 5 years how much he wants to play in Montreal.

Hockey players / pro athletes in general are mercinaries. I would not hold my breath on that

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Yes and they choose Aho as priority. And Carolina will probably wait the full week to match to handcuff Montreal but the good thing with RFAs I like UFAs in this case is that their negotiations tend to drag and there’s a good chance that those options will still be available in a week. The TSN guys were saying they won’t be surprised to see most of the top end RFAs not be resolved until even after labour day in September.
TSN guys wishing for people to listen to them until even after labour day? I'm calling it quit in under an hour ;)

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
There is conflicting reports lol

Has anyone been able to confirm if we are able to talk a trade with CAR within the 7 days or before they accept ? I know once they accept that he cannot be traded for 12 months and CAR will be on the hook for the 22 Mil owed in the first year

That opens up a way bigger discussion because the owner can say no but talk trade for something more than a 1st 2nd 3rd

They can't trade Aho's rights.

But they can make side trades.

The player must give his team notice of the offer sheet and histeam then has seven days to determine if it wants to match the terms. The player cannot be traded in that seven-day period.

Contract offer sheet questions, answers

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The canes having the last word in this case is pretty much them aknowledging that their franchise C is on his way out in 5 years or less. Even if Aho stays, I wouldn't be doing backflips if I were them.

I think it's the owner who is the wild card here. I'm sure the players, coaches, and GMs would be doing back flips. It's the owner who probably won't do them.

Reactions: 417

MagicalDeck

Mar 17, 2006
I don't understand... Why are we trying to get a center? We have enough of them between Danault,Domi, KK, Poehling, Suzuki, not to mention others in the org. Why not spend the money on a defensemen instead? To me this is a lose-lose move. If we get Aho we have too many centers and no high draft picks for 2020, and if we don't we just made enemies out of other GMs.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Voracek's figure is odd because he signed early and the flyers wouldn't know what cap would be in 2016-17. When he signed it was 11.55%. In 2016-17 it was 11.3%. You might want to check your calculator again because 8.25/73 is not 8.85%...

Also 10.5 out of 81.5 is not 7.76% either. It's 12.88%.

Seriously, what calculator are you using?

The I was out in the sun too long today and I inverse the numbers:dunce: my bad

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sure, but are they better off without those 2 players and the compensation?

To me you're getting at least a 2nd for each of Staal and Niedereiter - probably closer to a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd. Andrew Shaw is worth a 2nd and a 3rd alone.

Then there's the fact that Aho is only 21 and probably has at least as much hockey left as Staal and Neidereiter combined.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
What a complete waste of time. The Hurricanes put up a poll asking if they'll sign Aho. They've made up their minds. They're going PR with it. We got nothing - again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00