Rumor: Montreal and teams on Christian Folin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamingofdrouin*

so his his team done now? or is he still playing and how muh longer does the season go on?

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Big Body, right handed, 23 yr old ; guess we don't think Pateryn can successfully make the jump cause we can't play both of them and he's not signing as AHL depth for sure.

Analyzer*

Why? Cause they both speak Swedish? That's a rather weak argument if you ask me. Hamilton is still Hamilton regardless of in which language you're talking about it.

He stated he was also home sick.

Having more countrymen around will make him less homesick.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Big Body, right handed, 23 yr old ; guess we don't think Pateryn can successfully make the jump cause we can't play both of them and he's not signing as AHL depth for sure.

NCAA players are generally not NHL bound the year after they leave college. I'm sure Montreal can give him a "dada" to entice him. To sign Krug, Bruins had to play him right at the end of the season for his contract to kick in. After that they return him to AHL and he spend most of the next year there too. Justin Schultz was more of the exeption I think.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He stated he was also home sick.

Having more countrymen around will make him less homesick.

Personally I think the guy just doesn't want to be in Hamilton, the rest is all excuses. It's not like he's going to make it to the NHL with a bunch of excuses either. Nygren might just be a player with the typical KHL profile.

dreamingofdrouin*

Now...would this guy be coming straight to the habs do ya think? or hamilton and then tryout next year?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Now...would this guy be coming straight to the habs do ya think? or hamilton and then tryout next year?

Most of these guys go to where there's an immediate opening...Dekeyser, Sustr, Schultz, Gilroy off the top of my head. All played little to no AHL games in their first years with the teams they signed with (Sustr is the exception but he was only recently sent down after playing 38 games with the Bolts this year).

So I'd say unless we can promise him a solid NHL shot, he probably won't sign here.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Most of these guys go to where there's an immediate opening...Dekeyser, Sustr, Schultz, Gilroy off the top of my head. All played little to no AHL games in their first years with the teams they signed with (Sustr is the exception but he was only recently sent down after playing 38 games with the Bolts this year).

So I'd say unless we can promise him a solid NHL shot, he probably won't sign here.

That's about it. Top dollars and the analysis that a real opening is there to be taken. Thing is.....Habs, like everbody else, could offer the top dollars. And the fact that there's so little d-men signed could be interesting. But then, if the guy has somewhat of an agent, they won't stop there. We all know Subban is in. They probably do know that Beaulieu and Tinordi are knocking. So in the end, they'll review every team and see where they are at. But by the sound of it, Flyers seems to already be cautionly optimistic....

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
That's about it. Top dollars and the analysis that a real opening is there to be taken. Thing is.....Habs, like everbody else, could offer the top dollars. And the fact that there's so little d-men signed could be interesting. But then, if the guy has somewhat of an agent, they won't stop there. We all know Subban is in. They probably do know that Beaulieu and Tinordi are knocking. So in the end, they'll review every team and see where they are at. But by the sound of it, Flyers seems to already be cautionly optimistic....

You know much about this guy? Care to give a little report if you do. I've never heard of Folin.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You know much about this guy? Care to give a little report if you do. I've never heard of Folin.

I have to be honest and say that I only watched him once. So frankly, not enough to have an opinion aside that what I read on the net, is pretty much the analysis i have on the player. Big shot, a great and smooth skater, big guy but clearly not a punishing d-man. More of an offensive minded d-man that is fine defensively. A very good package that would be incredible to work with if he'd be 18. At 23, well I think he could step up right away. But we're not talking about top 3 as far as I'm concerned. But that's solely based on 1 game.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I have to be honest and say that I only watched him once. So frankly, not enough to have an opinion aside that what I read on the net, is pretty much the analysis i have on the player. Big shot, a great and smooth skater, big guy but clearly not a punishing d-man. More of an offensive minded d-man that is fine defensively. A very good package that would be incredible to work with if he'd be 18. At 23, well I think he could step up right away. But we're not talking about top 3 as far as I'm concerned. But that's solely based on 1 game.

Great, thanks!

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Would love to add this guy to our depth chart, we need a player like him at RD. Would make it easier to move Gorges in the offseason as well.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
We tried these before....it didn't work out. See Yann Danis or Brock Trotter

Brock Trotter and his size playing the center positions going to have a hard time cracking an NHL lineup. Great in the A, but when playing the faster and stronger NHL, it was a struggle I found for him.

Yann Danis is a goalie totally different development between a promising dman and a goalie. You can't just compare them because of NCAA ties.

24Cups

Aug 2, 2005
We can use Douglas Murray as a big brother countryman sales pitch. I wouldn't mind a rookie learning a few things from Murray positioning and intensity wise. Hopefully he would have better natural talent to build on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad