Rumor: Montreal and teams on Christian Folin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Would be sweet, for sure. But with TInordi and Beaulieu struggling to earn a full roster spot, aren't we already clogged down at this position?

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I've seen him a few times and I like his game. Big kid, has a good shot and is good in his own end. Not sure how he will translate but I wouldn't be opposed to going after him at all.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
If the kid wants immediate playing time and less competition, I can't see how Montreal can compete with Ottawa and Edmonton.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
If the kid wants immediate playing time and less competition, I can't see how Montreal can compete with Ottawa and Edmonton.

Could point out to Schultz say his development path would probably have been better served in a more competitive market

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Would be sweet, for sure. But with TInordi and Beaulieu struggling to earn a full roster spot, aren't we already clogged down at this position?

He's right handed so no. We are in dire need of NHL caliber right handed dman. Lets get that swede signed up :yo:

He should be able to fill the hole left by Ellis, Pateryn and Nygren. Although we do have Thrower & Dietz on the right who could potentially fill it.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I wouldn't get hopes up, Habs historically have issues luring UFAs that have a lot of demand. However, it's nice to see the Habs involved in talks.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Is there such a thing as too much depth at D?

Plus every quality prospect or young player is a gateway to one on another team.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I wouldn't get hopes up, Habs historically have issues luring UFAs that have a lot of demand. However, it's nice to see the Habs involved in talks.

Well Diaz was a surprise.

Chicago and Anaheim were front runners for him and the Habs came out of no where for him.

Apr 28, 2010
He is a righty too so it makes sense for the Habs to go after this guy.

He could replace Weaver next season.

Analyzer*

If we did get him that that might help keep Nygren in Hamilton.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Our defense will be very crowded next year in Hamilton (Bennett and Thrower coming in) and we will also have 4 guys (Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn and Nygren) knocking at the door of the big club come training camp. I doubt we can offer him the spot he'll demand.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
He is in his sophomore season and we want him? He must be helluva good , statistically wise he isn't dominant either. Stats are stats though and I havent seen him play cant judge.

WE have a lot of depht on D, lets not forget we also have Dietz and Thrower.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If we did get him that that might help keep Nygren in Hamilton.

Why? Cause they both speak Swedish? That's a rather weak argument if you ask me. Hamilton is still Hamilton regardless of in which language you're talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad