Proposal: Montreal and Buffalo

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I have a feeling I'm going to get it from both sides but how about a deal with Reinhart ,Okposo, and a pick/prospect for Pacioretty and Galchenyuk?

Not saying I'd make this trade because Buffalo has bigger issues. And I know Pacioretty doesn't have a ton of value to Buffalo due to age and contract. Just curious on value, and I'm bored.
montreal's polite and short answer is 'no'

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
A lot? Because?
it's amazing on these boards when habs have a shit year, all their players are shit. Pacioretty is FAR better than okposo and galchenyuk is somehow worse than reinhart even though he's only 2 years older, has 2-50 pt years and a 30 goal season. the funnier one is how a 22pt, n4-5 dman like scandella somehow has the same value as 67 or 27

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
it's amazing on these boards when habs have a **** year, all their players are ****. Pacioretty is FAR better than okposo and galchenyuk is somehow worse than reinhart even though he's only 2 years older, has 2-50 pt years and a 30 goal season. the funnier one is how a 22pt, n4-5 dman like scandella somehow has the same value as 67 or 27
Hab players are only considered valuable once they are traded not before.

Reactions: jfhabs and HOPE

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Either way that stat just means he’s inconsistent... Galchenyuk is a better player
Whenever I see people cherrypick parts of season to make a point like this I say:

1)When is reducing a sample size ever a smart move to get the best picture of something
2) Can you tell me which 41 games he'll be a nearly a point per game player and which games 41 games he'll be a .3 a ppg player so I know when to play and when to sit him?

Reactions: jfhabs and Gemel11

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
not interrested in Okposo, at this point i would rather just sign Pacioretty.

Reinhart is a nice piece but he's barely 2 years younger than chucky and not much more of a center than him... The only way reinhart would be attractive to us would be if he could play center for sure or if we had a real 1C since we would have Drouin, zadina (probably) on the LW and we would swap Chucky (currently LW, for Reinhart ( currently RW)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Okay this is ridiculous. Everyone mocked the habs for making that trade from day 1 as it was clear as day they gave up the better player. There was a clear consensus.
lmao you have a short memory and yes your right, people mocked the habs for MAKING the trade from day 1, but Weber was a top5 Dman pre trade and Subban was not even a top 10 Dman per HFboard user, that day 1 your talking about is the day where it made a total 180 between the 2, These are facts.

Reactions: habsfan44

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Sabres say no even without having to add a pick/prospect. Swapping two wingers for two wingers doesn't do much for us and Reinhart could very easily be the best player going forward, he's close as it is.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Buffalo says no. I don't see Galchenyuk having more value than Reinhart who is younger, more cost controlled and a better producer at the same point in each of their careers.

I certainly would take Pacioretty over Okposo but not at the expense of the rest of the deal.

hmm

At 20 years old
Galchenyuk: 46 pts
Reinhart: 42 pts

At 21
Galchenyuk: 56 pts
Reinhart: 47 pts

At 22:
Galchenyuk: 44 pts (pace of 60 pts)
Reinhart: 50 pts

Reactions: HailMcJesus

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
hmm

At 20 years old

At 21

At 22:
Quiet.We don't need the truth posted.It ruins all the false info in here.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I have a feeling I'm going to get it from both sides but how about a deal with Reinhart ,Okposo, and a pick/prospect for Pacioretty and Galchenyuk?

Not saying I'd make this trade because Buffalo has bigger issues. And I know Pacioretty doesn't have a ton of value to Buffalo due to age and contract. Just curious on value, and I'm bored.
Reinhart I would have some interest in but Okposo? He is not the same player he was with the Islanders. Maybe if Habs sign Tavares but at this point would put it on back burner. How high would you go with the prospect/pick?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
lmao you have a short memory and yes your right, people mocked the habs for MAKING the trade from day 1, but Weber was a top5 Dman pre trade and Subban was not even a top 10 Dman per HFboard user, that day 1 your talking about is the day where it made a total 180 between the 2, These are facts.

Exactly. He was a cancer in the room and a big liability defensively before the trade. Funny how all this disappeared after the trade because he is 4 years younger than Weber...

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
hmm

At 20 years old

At 21

At 22:

Galchenyuk is certainly better offensively but Reinhart is a center and still have room to progress offensively. I would do the swap 1 vs 1 as a Habs fan but wouldn't add.

As for the complete deal of the OP, it would take a pretty good prospect (like Guhle) for me to take on Okposo's contract.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Reinhart I would have some interest in but Okposo? He is not the same player he was with the Islanders. Maybe if Habs sign Tavares but at this point would put it on back burner. How high would you go with the prospect/pick?

I was trying to get an idea of what kind of add the Canadiens would want.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I should have explained this better. For a brief second I thought, what if the Sabres just kept ROR and went after some wingers for him and Eichel. I knew the biggest problem was the Canadiens are going to want a lot more for Pacioretty then the Sabers are willing to give. A 29 year old winger with one year left on his deal probably isn't a player the Sabers are going to go all out to try and get. With his contract and age, if Pacioretty is traded, he's probably going to be a deadline trade, not a player trade. Plus, they still need a good defencmen. It was just a thought, and probably not a very good one lol.

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Whats with all the “us habs fans have to deal with no one liking our players becasuse they are habs” narrative. When in the world did that nonsense start?

How about Sabres fan like their young player more than your young player and as a rebuilding team that’s why they say no. No need for some bizarre victim complex...

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Not really the return I'd want to see from Montreal if they're trading both Galchenyuk and Pacioretty.
If they trade both they should at least be able to get a top 4 D or top 2 center as part of the package coming back, otherwise makes little sense trading for another winger and another ? winger/center.

Assuming the pick/prospect that Buffalo would add would not be significant.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad