Proposal: Montreal and Buffalo

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I have a feeling I'm going to get it from both sides but how about a deal with Reinhart ,Okposo, and a pick/prospect for Pacioretty and Galchenyuk?

Not saying I'd make this trade because Buffalo has bigger issues. And I know Pacioretty doesn't have a ton of value to Buffalo due to age and contract. Just curious on value, and I'm bored.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2009
éal
IIRC, Kyle Okposo was one of the top UFA Marc Bergevin was trying to get after the 2016 season but he basically told the medias ''Some players just dont want to play in Montréal'', and Kyle Okposo has a 15 team NTC ... so yeah, not gonna happen regardless of value

That being said Pacioretty/Galchenyuk + ???? for Reinhart + ???? is a solid base

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
IIRC, Kyle Okposo was one of the top UFA Marc Bergevin was trying to get after the 2016 season but he basically told the medias ''Some players just dont want to play in Montréal'', and Kyle Okposo has a 15 team NTC ... so yeah, not gonna happen regardless of value

That being said Pacioretty/Galchenyuk + ???? for Reinhart + ???? is a solid base

I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info. I guess that messes up this proposal..

Gemel11

May 12, 2018
A lot? Because?
The way I see it is Galchenyuk is a lot better than reinhart, that’s just my opinion, I also think pacioretty has twice as much value than okposo. Depending on the pick or prospect(no way buffalo gives up the first overall ) buffalo will have to add a lot.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
The way I see it is Galchenyuk is a lot better than reinhart, that’s just my opinion, I also think pacioretty has twice as much value than okposo. Depending on the pick or prospect(no way buffalo gives up the first overall ) buffalo will have to add a lot.

I don't see how Galchenyuk has as much value as Reinhart. They both finished with the same amount of points, Reinhart's younger, and Reinhart finished off the year at almost a ppg average. Plus Reinhart has more years of team control. Reinhart defiantly has more value.

Gemel11

May 12, 2018
I don't see how Galchenyuk has as much value as Reinhart. They both finished with the same amount of points, Reinhart's younger, and Reinhart finished off the year at almost a ppg average. Plus Reinhart has more years of team control. Reinhart defiantly has more value.
50 points in 82 games is not a ppg average... plus Galchenyuk played with 4th liners for most of the year, reinhart played with first line caliber players

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
50 points in 82 games is not a ppg average... plus Galchenyuk played with 4th liners for most of the year, reinhart played with first line caliber players

This isn't good for both teams. But i have to say, the poster did not say he had a PPG average. Finished off the year ... in other words, over the last 40 games Reinhart was nearly. WAS NEARLY a PPG average. No more words, assumptions, or reading into things is necessary there.

Gemel11

May 12, 2018
This isn't good for both teams. But i have to say, the poster did not say he had a PPG average. Finished off the year ... in other words, over the last 40 games Reinhart was nearly. WAS NEARLY a PPG average. No more words, assumptions, or reading into things is necessary there.
Either way that stat just means he’s inconsistent... Galchenyuk is a better player

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
With all things considered as nice as it would be to jettison Okposo. I don't really feel that Galchenyuk is a piece that really fits this team. Sam Reinhart is a better fit for Buffalo and while there is no question what Patches offers, this doesn't make much sense. Pass.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Dont see why habs would do this
Galchenyuk > Reinhart
Pacioretty > Okposo

I think the Reinhart equivalent is vastly questionable. Galchenyuk makes very poor decisions and while he is a similar stat wise performer, this trade just makes NO SENSE for either team. Buffalo gets worse and Pacioretty doesn't get us in the playoffs next season. So this is a negative.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Buffalo says no. I don't see Galchenyuk having more value than Reinhart who is younger, more cost controlled and a better producer at the same point in each of their careers.

I certainly would take Pacioretty over Okposo but not at the expense of the rest of the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad