Proposal: Montreal Anaheim

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
This isn’t the first time we’ve seen this deal, or a variation of it, and it’s more than a little frustrating to see yet another proposal that expects Anaheim to move good prospects that we expect to be part of Anaheim’s future for a player that we can’t reasonably expect to have a place in Anaheim’s future.

Again relax. It’s a message board. Go play outside.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
This isn’t the first time we’ve seen this deal, or a variation of it, and it’s more than a little frustrating to see yet another proposal that expects Anaheim to move good prospects that we expect to be part of Anaheim’s future for a player that we can’t reasonably expect to have a place in Anaheim’s future.
It’s a bloody fan website where people come to make fantasy proposals. If you don’t like the proposal then move along. You’re not obligated to speak here. There are hundreds/thousands of people here who like to talk about trades. If trades weren’t proposed people wouldn’t have stuff to talk about.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It’s a bloody fan website where people come to make fantasy proposals. If you don’t like the proposal then move along. You’re not obligated to speak here. There are hundreds/thousands of people here who like to talk about trades. If trades weren’t proposed people wouldn’t have stuff to talk about.

You’re right. I’m not obligated. That doesn’t stop me from pointing out we’ve seen variations of this, and we know how they end.

Guess what? You’re not obligated to respond to me either. If you don’t like what I have to say, move on. It’s a bloody message board where people will come to respond to fantasy proposals. If it weren’t for people responding, people wouldn’t have stuff to continue to talk about.

You seem to be taking this pretty personal. Does it really bother you that much when someone points out this type of proposal has been done, and at least one side doesn’t like it?

Reactions: Kalv and Exit Dose

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
You’re right. I’m not obligated. That doesn’t stop me from pointing out we’ve seen variations of this, and we know how they end.

Guess what? You’re not obligated to respond to me either. If you don’t like what I have to say, move on. It’s a bloody message board where people will come to respond to fantasy proposals. If it weren’t for people responding, people wouldn’t have stuff to continue to talk about.

You seem to be taking this pretty personal. Does it really bother you that much when someone points out this type of proposal has been done, and at least one side doesn’t like it?
actually I’m not taking it personal. Was just pointing out in a nice way that you don’t need to cry about it. Move along.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
actually I’m not taking it personal. Was just pointing out in a nice way that you don’t need to cry about it. Move along.

And I was pointing out in a sarcastic way that I wasn’t crying about anything, and that your response was rather stupid given the context of my post.

Let me make this easy for you: This proposal has been done. Pointing that out isn’t crying. It’s saving everyone the time of going through the same discussions we’ve already had. Your response was whinier than mine, by far. Petulant isn’t a good look on you.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
And I was pointing out in a sarcastic way that I wasn’t crying about anything, and that your response was rather stupid given the context of my post.

Let me make this easy for you: This proposal has been done. Pointing that out isn’t crying. It’s saving everyone the time of going through the same discussions we’ve already had. Your response was whinier than mine, by far. Petulant isn’t a good look on you.
Thanks for the tip bud

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

Maybe you and your trade rumour board friends needs to realize that people don’t sit on these boards 24/7 and check pages and pages of forums to see if something’s already been proposed before posting a proposal so as to not offend you lot with something that, God forbid, has been proposed before. You act like you’re protectors of the Holy Grail. Chill out and realize this is just a fun place to talk potential trades and don’t take things so seriously. That’s why I told you to get out more before. Have some perspective on life.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

To be honest, it’s really annoying that you guys constantly shut off discussions between people who maybe haven’t discussed something before. And it’s people like you who post those responses so, no, he’s not taking it personal. Just chill out and let everyone enjoy these boards. You’re not a protector of the boards so stop acting like it.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Maybe you and your trade rumour board friends needs to realize that people don’t sit on these boards 24/7 and check pages and pages of forums to see if something’s already been proposed before posting a proposal so as to not offend you lot with something that, God forbid, has been proposed before. You act like you’re protectors of the Holy Grail. Chill out and realize this is just a fun place to talk potential trades and don’t take things so seriously. That’s why I told you to get out more before. Have some perspective on life.

Are you finished trying to simultaneously act like you’re chiller than everyone else, while also standing on that soap box?

You are putting so much more effort into this than crowi’s initial response required.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
To be honest, it’s really annoying that you guys constantly shut off discussions between people who maybe haven’t discussed something before. And it’s people like you who post those responses so, no, he’s not taking it personal because it’s people like you responding to his proposals. Just chill out and let everyone enjoy these boards. You’re not a protector of the boards so stop acting like it.

I guess you weren’t finished.

Seeing proposals break down into fan vs. fan attacks is not fun. If you weren’t new here you might realize that pointing out these discussions have been done, and generally don’t go anywhere, is productive. It encourages people to move on to other discussions that can actually go places. Think of it like working on a project at work that you’re told has already been attempted and goes no where. Sure, you can keep trying, or you can move on to the next project.

Reactions: Duck Off

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I guess you weren’t finished.

I rarely come on these boards because people like you ruin the experience. Maybe nobody’s taught you manners in your life or you like to act tough behind a keyboard. I’m pointing out to you that your approach, and others like you, to dealing with proposals ruins it for a lot of people. It’s a friendly place to talk trades. If you want to be a mod, apply for it. Otherwise, stop shooting everything down constantly and let people enjoy the conversation. If you don’t have anything constructive to contribute, get out.

Knowing your profile, you’ll ignore the message. Anyways, I’ve done my public service by pointing it out to you.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I rarely come on these boards because people like you ruin the experience. Maybe nobody’s taught you manners in your life or you like to act tough behind a keyboard. I’m pointing out to you that your approach, and others like you, to dealing with proposals ruins it for a lot of people. It’s a friendly place to talk trades. If you want to be a mod, apply for it. Otherwise, stop shooting everything down constantly and let people enjoy the conversation. If you don’t have anything constructive to contribute, get out.

Knowing your profile, you’ll ignore the message. Anyways, I’ve done my public service by pointing it out to you.

So, you’re telling everyone to relax and chill out, while simultaneously telling us we’re terrible people. And also enjoyably telling me not to act like a moderator while doing the exact same thing yourself.

Interesting message. Do you know the definition of hypocrisy? At this stage, you’ve spent more time chastising everyone than you have actually discussing the proposal.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Talk about? Is that what your seeing/reading.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
While I think the OP was asking for too much, even if Anaheim wants to build through the draft, adding a bargain scorer like Pacioretty for 2 playoff runs has to be worth something of interest.

Sam Steel and a 2nd might be enough to make it worthwhile for the Habs, if they're going for a rebuild and looking at younger players who might be able to help in a year or two, yet aren't quite there yet. And this gives Anaheim the kind of depth and firepower to make a serious playoff run, like Kessel did for the Pens.

Pacioretty for Steel and a conditional pick - 1st if Anaheim makes the finals, otherwise a 2nd. It would be similar to Nieuwendyk for Iginla - a veteran in his prime who can contribute to a Cup run, for a kid who can help rebuild the other team.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
While I think the OP was asking for too much, even if Anaheim wants to build through the draft, adding a bargain scorer like Pacioretty for 2 playoff runs has to be worth something of interest.

Sam Steel and a 2nd might be enough to make it worthwhile for the Habs, if they're going for a rebuild and looking at younger players who might be able to help in a year or two, yet aren't quite there yet. And this gives Anaheim the kind of depth and firepower to make a serious playoff run, like Kessel did for the Pens.

Pacioretty for Steel and a conditional pick - 1st if Anaheim makes the finals, otherwise a 2nd. It would be similar to Nieuwendyk for Iginla - a veteran in his prime who can contribute to a Cup run, for a kid who can help rebuild the other team.

It’s not really about value for Anaheim. It’s about long-term needs and goals.

I think we’d be hesitant to move Steel in almost any (realistic) circumstance, but there is no future for Pacioretty in Anaheim. There is no way the team can afford to re-sign him without giving up something of real value to accomplish that, and I’m not referring to the trade.

The Ducks aren’t in a position where they can move Steel for a season and a half of Pacioretty. I think that’s doubly true right now, because there isn’t even a guarantee the Ducks make the playoffs this year. Even if they make the playoffs, this is probably not going to be a team at their best. All their injuries hit them pretty hard, and even though they are still in the fight that’s an all or nothing kind of move that they would be making for their best prospect.

Reactions: Getzmonster

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
To be honest, it’s really annoying that you guys constantly shut off discussions between people who maybe haven’t discussed something before. And it’s people like you who post those responses so, no, he’s not taking it personal. Just chill out and let everyone enjoy these boards. You’re not a protector of the boards so stop acting like it.
How’s the view from that high horse of yours? Do you see the hypocrisy your spreading everywhere?

Let people do what they want on here, if it bothers you that much don’t click on the post. If you want to see people discuss this kind of proposal again, don’t worry, I’m 100% positive it’ll show up again soon!

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

You will not get Steel from Ducks for Pacioretty, yet you guys keep on trying. Still forgetting Ducks top Centers are old themselves - Steel is the best prospect we have.

What? Fans of other teams than MTL should agree to shit deals to keep your bubble of "what is HFboards" together? It doesn't work like that. You can dream all you want, just don't expect others to agree.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8

You're assuming the Ducks make the playoffs. They're outside the bubble right now with teams in between and we have more games played. If two playoff runs is the assumption, there would have to be something extra attached to Patches in the event Anaheim doesn't make the playoffs.

Just to add an example of why Pacioretty doesn't work for us, especially for such a steep price as our #1 defenseman or our future Top 6 center.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
You're assuming the Ducks make the playoffs. They're outside the bubble right now with teams in between and we have more games played. If two playoff runs is the assumption, there would have to be something extra attached to Patches in the event Anaheim doesn't make the playoffs.

Just to add an example of why Pacioretty doesn't work for us, especially for such a steep price as our #1 defenseman or our future Top 6 center.
OK, so, if Anaheim is a safe enough bet to make the playoffs come deadline time, is Pacioretty for Steel and a conditional pick (1st if Anaheim makes the finals, otherwise a 2nd) reasonable ? (and the pick could be top 10 protected if Anaheim fell apart and surprisingly missed the playoffs)

Reactions: Omar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad