Proposal: Montreal Anaheim

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
OK, so, if Anaheim is a safe enough bet to make the playoffs come deadline time, is Pacioretty for Steel and a conditional pick (1st if Anaheim makes the finals, otherwise a 2nd) reasonable ? (and the pick could be top 10 protected if Anaheim fell apart and surprisingly missed the playoffs)
Not gonna get ducks best prospect

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Best prospect for a high-end player for 2 playoff runs seems more than fair to me.

And I’m sure it would, since you don’t really give up anything you don’t want to, do you?

Patches is a good player, but he doesn’t fit into your current plans anymore, and he clearly doesn’t fit into your future, so why not get a good return. It’s a little different for Anaheim.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
OK, so, if Anaheim is a safe enough bet to make the playoffs come deadline time, is Pacioretty for Steel and a conditional pick (1st if Anaheim makes the finals, otherwise a 2nd) reasonable ? (and the pick could be top 10 protected if Anaheim fell apart and surprisingly missed the playoffs)

Every year our GM flat out states that he won't move his top young cost controlled players for short term gain and sticks to it. Simply one of the last teams that should come to mind if you're hoping to get a bounty of young talent for Patches, Murray isn't going to do that.

I really don't see why the Ducks would come to mind anyway. They have a top line LW signed to a great contract who has chemistry with Getzlaf. There's no way in hell anyone would target a guy like Pacioretty to play on the matchup line with Kesler. Already have Henrique and Perry to carry the third line. Surely you can think of a team more desperate for his services.

Reactions: Getzmonster

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
we are not moving our best prospect for a 1.5 year rental. no team moves their best prospect for a 1.5 year rental

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I could maybe see a team doing it if they think they can re-sign said player. Emphasis on maybe.

That doesn’t apply here. Anaheim is invested in their core. What they are going to do is supplement that core with prospects like Steel, to remain competitive for as long as they can. I’m sure they’ll make some trades here and there, for the right assets who are either 1) cheap or 2) can fit their long-term plans, but neither is applicable here. Patches would not be a cheap trade if it costs Steel, and he has no future with the team beyond his current contract.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
There's no way in hell anyone would target a guy like Pacioretty to play on the matchup line with Kesler.
Actually, Pacioretty is pretty sound defensively, he's a regular on the PK. Playing a match-up line would work. Maybe there's no deal to be made here, but I think Anaheim could really use him.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Actually, Pacioretty is pretty sound defensively, he's a regular on the PK. Playing a match-up line would work. Maybe there's no deal to be made here, but I think Anaheim could really use him.

We already have Cogliano who fits on that line like a glove. We have LW's who fit just fine alongside Getzlaf and Kesler and don't need to mortgage a lot portion of the future for a piece that would be no more than a luxury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad