OT: Montreal Alouettes 2018 Thread

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
You need to score twice if you are Ottawa. In the NFL you kick the FG and onside if you get to fourth down. In the CFL you don’t kick off after a FG ever, correct?

According to Wikipedia the teams have a choice of starting on their own 35 yard line or kickoff from the scoring teams 35 yard line. But I would think for strategy purposes teams would always choose the start on their own 35 yard line.

Reactions: Tighthead

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Team coming together at the right time. Bye week to get healed and work out the kinks. It's nice to see the team rejoice after the win.

Reactions: TRG

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Johnny Football not thrilled that when he was cleared after his concussion that he wasn't starting.

He had a stomach flu this week so it's Pipkin again.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Pipkin will have to really fail for Johnny to come in. Team has confidence in him which counts for a lot. But it's nice to know he's there in case.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Big game for both teams if they want a shot at the playoffs. Should be a good one

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Haven't watched much CFL this year, because... the Als… But I really like this live mic thing the TSN production has going on all over the field. Pretty cool.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Aaaand Pipkin just lost his spot for the next game
He can rush but his decision making was really off. He held onto the ball for way too long and his throws were short. He's still young though, I would give Johnny the next start and let Pipkin sit and work out the flaws in his game. Its clear he is quite raw.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
He can rush but his decision making was really off. He held onto the ball for way too long and his throws were short. He's still young though, I would give Johnny the next start and let Pipkin sit and work out the flaws in his game. Its clear he is quite raw.

Definitely, he has potential,
I dont know if Johnny complaining this week had anything to do with it, or maybe some of his receivers weren't open enough , but it didn't look like he was fully there tonight, but like you said, he s still young and raw and has things to work on, but at least it s good to know there might be something to work with here

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
The defence started playing better three weeks ago which coincided with Pipkin's success. He's not that good when the pressure is on. If the primary target is covered, he starts to scramble and holds the ball way too long. His passing is average at best. Johnny should be the starter and rightfully so.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Everyone is so focused on who the QB is but when you watch this team you quickly realize that they've got way bigger problems. No matter who your QB is he needs protection that lasts longer than 3 steamboats. The offensive line is, well, offensive. They cannot block to save their lives and they force both Pipkin and Manziel to run for theirs on nearly every play. They're close to having given up 50 sacks this season and there's still 4 games left.

On defense, nobody can make a play when they need to and when they aren't missing tackles they're taking stupid penalties.

Kavis Reed has transformed this team from what used to be a Grey Cup contender into a Bergevin-esque s*** show. Doug Flutie on his best day couldn't win with this bunch.

Reactions: peate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad