News Article: Montréal's first line is ranked 30th

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Both of Montreal and Ottawa’s 1st lines are better than that putrid Red Wings line that they posted.

But that’s not saying much.

I would almost disagree

Larkin > Drouin
Mantha should get better than Gallagher soon enough
Zadina, if he is the ral deal, may end up better than Patch this season

Both lines have big question marks for the upcoming season

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A bit misleading. Pittsburgh's 2nd line is Malkin-Kessel...That's a top 5 line in the NHL probably.
In Washington, Kuznet and Oshie on 2nd.
Boston with Krejci and Debrusk.
Winnipeg's 2nd line was Ehlers-Laine-Little...

A lot of teams have better 2nd line's than our 1st. Truly embarrassing, our top line shouldn't be in the top 31st.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I wouldn't be surprise to see them getting the last place after/if Pacioretty is finally traded.

you know when patches presence on the line is holding it UP that it is indeed a case of how the mighty have fallen.

But to be fair, Detroit's 1st line is still full of question marks (largely because of Zadina) and ottawa's is nothing to write home about either.

As for 67 deing traded, like a car crash that you see coming but cannot avoid, I get the same feeling that we are gonna ride him at least to the TDL and possibly ( shudder) beyond.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Clearly NHL staff cannot properly evaluate ATTITUDE... we are #1 in that department

Actually, we are not #1 in attitude. That is why we finished where we did last season according to our supreme overlord MB.

Want to hear something depressing? I'll bet despite all the grinders and marginal players we have, we don't even have the #1 4th line.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Actually, we are not #1 in attitude. That is why we finished where we did last season according to our supreme overlord MB.

Want to hear something depressing? I'll bet despite all the grinders and marginal players we have, we don't even have the #1 4th line.
We are #1 in karakter... not yet #1 in attitood.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would almost disagree

Larkin > Drouin
Mantha should get better than Gallagher soon enough
Zadina, if he is the ral deal, may end up better than Patch this season

Both lines have big question marks for the upcoming season

You’re judging based on maybes. Mantha is nothing but a 0.5 PPG player and Zadina is a rookie, I wouldn’t anoint him better than Pacioretty.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We are really debating if we have the worst 1st line in the NHL ? Who cares if it's the worst , 2nd worst etc. Point is it's real bad , lol. That's enough.

And yes, it is almost comical that with all the dumpster diving , this trade, that trade etc, that the 4th line will likely be quite unimpressive.

No Marc, you are quite right, this isnt play station.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You’re judging based on maybes. Mantha is nothing but a 0.5 PPG player and Zadina is a rookie, I wouldn’t anoint him better than Pacioretty.

I know it's a bunch of maybes.. but..

Mantha has the same ppg than Gallagher career in his career so far. This is going to be only his 3rd season and he's shown progression every year. I believe he is going to hit 50/60 points next season as he will have plenty of ice time, that could be as high or higher than Gallagher's best

I don't know how Pacioretty will look on the ice this season, if he looks as uninterested as last year, who knows. Yet I don't think Zadina will play with Larkin and Mantha

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm just as shocked as you N6.... I mean they really blind sided with that statement to the point I almost dropped my morning tea over my keyboard....

Like... How did they even arrive at that conclusion???? Im lost for words. :sarcasm:

There are still people who believe this team is gonna be great

No kidding.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
This is very flavour of the month, offseason bs. All the players on this list will likely deviate - to differing degrees - from how they performed last year. Habs were horrible this year, but I don't think we'll be able to guarantee that poor performance offensively next year. Too many things went wrong at the right time. Middle of the pack line when you look at it in context IMO.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'd take that Ottawa 1st line over ours 9x out of 10... Boedker is trash but the Sens have us beat at C and RW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad