Value of: Montréal wingers

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Why, you suggesting Habs fans rise? Protest Molson for keeping Bergevin?

Been there done that, nobody cares. Acceptance is better than denial.

For you guys it's 6-5 every night though amirite? I wouldn't call it propaganda just because it's the Anti-Leafs model.
These whataboutisms are hilarious. Has nothing to do with what I said. I dont really have any hatred for the Habs. I wish I did, but theres just not much of a rivalry there anymore.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
These whataboutisms are hilarious. Has nothing to do with what I said. I dont really have any hatred for the Habs. I wish I did, but theres just not much of a rivalry there anymore.

Hey you said I bought into some propaganda. So feel free to clarify that piece with your own whataboutisms.

I didn't think you hated the Habs. Don't think any of us downright hate the Leafs, it won't be an Edmonton-Calgary between our two teams. Heated, but not boiling level.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Hey you said I bought into some propaganda. So feel free to clarify that piece with your own whataboutisms.

I didn't think you hated the Habs. Don't think any of us downright hate the Leafs, it won't be an Edmonton-Calgary between our two teams. Heated, but not boiling level.
I thought it was obvious I was kidding about the propaganda part. Unless you actually think the Habs will win 2-1 every night. Otherwise...ok sure, good talk.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I thought it was obvious I was kidding about the propaganda part. Unless you actually think the Habs will win 2-1 every night. Otherwise...ok sure, good talk.

I think it's their boring strategy to do so, yes - not that the actual results will go that way. It's not so obvious about the kidding part considering the encounters we've seen recently on the main NHL board between the 2 fanbases, so well done.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
But we're not in a bad spot.

I guess according to the OP.

But why would we pick up Hoffman? He's a locker room cancer. Practically no one wants him. There's always a good reason when a guy has his kind of numbers and interest is limited.

Hoffman comes with a reputation, but a short 1-2 year contract could be worth the risk. Not sure if the risk still not worth taking for MTL tho, since wingers don't seem to be the weak point..

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think it's their boring strategy to do so, yes - not that the actual results will go that way. It's not so obvious about the kidding part considering the encounters we've seen recently on the main NHL board between the 2 fanbases, so well done.
Thanks.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Given this isn’t one of those insulting and preposterous Drouin for Girard+ or Tatar for Byram + a first type nonsense proposals, I’ll weigh in constructively.

Really? You start your post trying to create the idea that Habs fans all have cockamamie trade proposals up their sleeves that they want to foist upon the unsuspecting Main Boards where you need to show up and white knight it. Look the Habs have a big fanbase, I'd guesstimate at around 5-6 times that of the Oilers so sure we'll have some weirdos here and there but we're mostly reasonable and painting us all with one brush is unappreciated.

Sorry don't really like people that try to "control the narrative" or "gaslight" others.

Hoffman would help our PP with his one timer left handed shot.

Yeah but he's already been kicked off one team and didn't get an offer to stay on his last team. He's got solid numbers but teams sure as heck didn't queue up for him so no I don't want him. Much of our success in the post-season wasn't just due to the kids maturing but also everyone buying in. Having noted team cancer in would be detrimental to overall team chemistry.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If there is a winger that could be made available - its Lehkonen. He would be wasted on the 4th line and with Frolik at a much cheaper salary, the Habs could find cap relief by trading Lehkonen and getting picks back.

Reactions: McJedi

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Purely speculative but i heard the following from a friend of mine :

Out: Tatar might not start the season as a Canadian and could be moved for a pick

In: Hoffman might be the roster player taking his place.

Curious what fans / other fanbases feel about this.

I believe the reasoning is that goals are harder to come by especially in a shortened season so if it takes time to get the ball rolling for other offseason acquisitions Hoffman could be another player who can put the puck in the net if their other two wingers are off to slow starts ( and vice versa)

So the solution is to trade the players who are already playing well for them in favour of more offseason acquisitions. Brilliant.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Really? You start your post trying to create the idea that Habs fans all have cockamamie trade proposals up their sleeves that they want to foist upon the unsuspecting Main Boards where you need to show up and white knight it. Look the Habs have a big fanbase, I'd guesstimate at around 5-6 times that of the Oilers so sure we'll have some weirdos here and there but we're mostly reasonable and painting us all with one brush is unappreciated.

Sorry don't really like people that try to "control the narrative" or "gaslight" others.

Yeah but he's already been kicked off one team and didn't get an offer to stay on his last team. He's got solid numbers but teams sure as heck didn't queue up for him so no I don't want him. Much of our success in the post-season wasn't just due to the kids maturing but also everyone buying in. Having noted team cancer in would be detrimental to overall team chemistry.

Usually trade proposals around Habs players on this board are absurdly one-sided. It’s more than 5 or 6 cockamamie (great word by you) dreamers. But this wasn’t one of those. Thankfully.

my point is Habs should wait until Tatar is more valuable as a rental at the deadline. He doesn’t carry much value today with some good UFA forwards still on the market, such little cap space, and no one is injured. No team is underwhelming in the standings when everyone is 0-0-0-0.

But things have the potential to move in Habs favor on the Tatar trade front. Will just require time and some patience.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If there is a winger that could be made available - its Lehkonen. He would be wasted on the 4th line and with Frolik at a much cheaper salary, the Habs could find cap relief by trading Lehkonen and getting picks back.
Or what this guy just said. Lehkonen kills PKs. I can think of some teams that want and need this type of player. He’s not expensive AAV either. Avs have Bellamere. Same type of player on expiring moveable contract. Won’t be a sexy or big trade but it’s one that is more likely to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad