GDT: Montréal vs Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
Yesterday there was a question to MT about Beaulieu, I think it was that Pierre Houde interview that he does before the game or might have been at a presser. Anyway, he was asked what he thought of Beaulieu's "emergence" or something like that and MT said it was good but that he needed to be more consistent....

Seems like MT has been unhappy about Nathan's play for a couple of games or something. I haven't seen the games so I can't really comment on his play for the last couple of games.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Yesterday there was a question to MT about Beaulieu, I think it was that Pierre Houde interview that he does before the game or might have been at a presser. Anyway, he was asked what he thought of Beaulieu's "emergence" or something like that and MT said it was good but that he needed to be more consistent....

Seems like MT has been unhappy about Nathan's play for a couple of games or something. I haven't seen the games so I can't really comment on his play for the last couple of games.

He was dreadful in last night's game for sure. Chuckie, too... I would not sit Beau, but I can see why MT decided to go that route. Pateryn needs some games and no other defenseman has been worse the beau every since emelin came back

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If we're going based off recent performances only, the Emelin should be the one sitting. Yeah beaulieu has been bad, but Emelin has been awful.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I'm giving this game a real short leash tonight.

Time for Alex Galchenyuk to take the pressure off of Alex Galchenyuk now that he's playing with our best forward.

Galchenyuk has been this teams best forward over the last 15 games. Pacioretty has been noticeably bad. I'd say it's Pacioretty that needs to step up.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Its back to back nights giving Beaulieu a night off to decompress and watch the game from afar where it is slower won't hurt him.

As long as he doesn't fall victim to regular benchings now because on the whole he has played very well this year. Better than Emelin and better than gilbert. But Pateryn has been better than Gilbert himself so...

The union man Therrien prefers his veterans.

eastcoast72

Sep 19, 2011
I heard there is a video of him and thomas on youtube partying....or something like that. Therrien sending a message maybe.

A 1 minute grainy video of a club scene and then two single Habs in their early 20's hanging out with chicks with music playing in the background.
What a shocker.

And I thought Kim Kardashian's recent birth was the big story !

Unfortunately, as innocent and uneventful that clip is, MT and MB are surely not impressed.

But I can assure you that MT and MB are quietly relieved that the iphone was not around during their single playing days.:sarcasm:

That is 1:21 of my life that I will never get back.

Let's focus on tonight's game, shall we?

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Road game, Tokarski, scoreless drought, doesn't bode well, and then Ottawa with Super NHL EK. Therrien about to feel the heat. This is what the Priceless Habs look like, average at best and lately just plain mediocre. Hope they can turn it around quickly.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Road game, Tokarski, scoreless drought, doesn't bode well, and then Ottawa with Super NHL EK. Therrien about to feel the heat. This is what the Priceless Habs look like, average at best and lately just plain mediocre. Hope they can turn it around quickly.

Who is to blame for the that terrible forward group he has to work with? Therrien?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
:rant:

I was ****ing stoked to see both Hudon and Pateryn in... but Nate ****ing Beaulieu out? Good ****ing god. :shakehead

I said a couple of weeks ago I was off the #fireTherrien train. Well count me back in.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
At least Galchenyuk is still on the top line (I think).

I would have preferred Gilbert sitting for Tinordi so he can get some game time. Happy Hudon is in but I hope he gets to play more than 5-6 minutes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I heard there is a video of him and thomas on youtube partying....or something like that. Therrien sending a message maybe.

Look at :21 of that clip, the script says "I love my mom my dad and my dildoooooo."

:laugh:

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Even if the Beaulieu party video is harmless, I don't see any reasons MT would scratch him over Gilbert. They have more or less the same stats regarding TOI, blocked shots, hits, etc. The only big difference is that Beaulieu has 9 points and is improving while Gilbert is stuck at 1 single point in 29 games. And considering we need more offense...

Regarding the forward group. Yes it hurts that Gallagher is not playing but even with Gallagher in the lineup and despite that him and Galchenyuk are better this year, the problem with this team last year was offense and MB didn't address this issue. Even with Gallagher back, this team needs serious help on the top 6. We all knew that Weise, Fleishmann and Mitchell wouldn't score 40 goals each this year. We all knew that Plekanec, Markov and DD wouldn't be PPG players all season. It did help during the first 20 games but this drought was to be expected.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
He went partying for his birthday while the team had 4 nights off...
he disrispek da image of da team

When quoting or paraphrasing therrien you should add a sniffle. It always sounds like he has a cold or a stuffy nose.

I am really excited to see hudon. I have only seen him a few times with farm team. It will be interestin gto see how his game translates here.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I don't particularly care about Beaulieu celebrating. What I hate, once again, is those stupid **** putting it on Youtube and bragging about it on Facebook. Seriously. How idiot can you be? I hope the guys just don't even give them any attention anymore. You don't want to be associated with dumb ***** like this when you're a professional hockey player.

As for Thomas, you'd think the guy would try to stay low-profile. Too bad he's too much of an idiot to realize this might be his last chance to make the show.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Remember that last Patrick Roy game has an Hab against the Wings? I'm expecting something very similar tonight. This game has the makings to be very ugly.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Can you show me the give away please ?

https://youtu.be/4dIzwvsLeQc?t=63

Only thing i see in this video is Gilbert being a tourist in a cuba all inclusive resort. He got beat behind the net while being first on the puck with the guy behind him. He lost his physical battle there. Then he did not even put any pressure on the guy making the pass and he got beat by a fancy backhand pass behind him. Then for a reason i can't understand he follows the guy who made the pass in the corner even if this guy doesn't have the puck anymore. Why would any NHL defense man follow a guy in the corner while the puck is in the slot? It totally puzzles me. Great play by Gilbert there that goal is all on Beaulieu no doubt ;)

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't particularly care about Beaulieu celebrating. What I hate, once again, is those stupid **** putting it on Youtube and bragging about it on Facebook. Seriously. How idiot can you be? I hope the guys just don't even give them any attention anymore. You don't want to be associated with dumb ***** like this when you're a professional hockey player.

As for Thomas, you'd think the guy would try to stay low-profile. Too bad he's too much of an idiot to realize this might be his last chance to make the show.

The girl who posted the video, turned all her social media platforms to "private", following the uproar over her decision to publicize the video. I'm guessing someone featured in that clip, gave her a talking-to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad