Pre-Game Talk: Montréal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes DEC. 29th

• Thread starter FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I still hope the Habs try to trade for Jagr. I'd love to see Jagr and Pleks on the same line again.

Both Gauthier and Bergevin missed the bus on not signing him when he wanted to come here.

I doubt they give up assets for him now, but I still would like to see him in a Habs uni.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Really looking forward to seeing Plekanec play with Desharnais.

I have a feeling they'll be good together. Would be better if we had a better big forward than Parenteau to complete the line, but hopefully next year Scherbak will be ready or we'll sign a UFA and find a taker for PA.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Really looking forward to seeing Plekanec play with Desharnais.

I have a feeling they'll be good together. Would be better if we had a better big forward than Parenteau to complete the line, but hopefully next year Scherbak will be ready or we'll sign a UFA and find a taker for PA.

It will be strange to see Plekanec in a role where he can't play against top competition due to his wingers...

The Habs need a big two-way winger.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Both Gauthier and Bergevin missed the bus on not signing him when he wanted to come here.

I doubt they give up assets for him now, but I still would like to see him in a Habs uni.

I'm guessing the Habs had issues behind the scene with Jagr, since he looked like a perfect fit and he and Plekanec had great chemistry. Yet as far as I know, Bergevin wasn't interested. I wonder if Plekanec said something negative.

I agree it would be cool to have Jagr for a playoff run, but I don't see Bergevin going after him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm guessing the Habs had issues behind the scene with Jagr, since he looked like a perfect fit and he and Plekanec had great chemistry. Yet as far as I know, Bergevin wasn't interested. I wonder if Plekanec said something negative.

I agree it would be cool to have Jagr for a playoff run, but I don't see Bergevin going after him.
Well we'd signed Briere so I don't see how there was room for Jagr. MB saw the error of his ways on that so I don't see why there'd be a problem now. Pure speculation on my part of course but I think that DB just ate up all the cap room and Jagr was an afterthought.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
I like this lineup quite a bit actually. Parentau and Desharnais with Pleks is something I've wanted to see tried.

How could that exactly work? 3 playmakers on the same line? :huh:

Pleks has scored 29 before and PA 25. I think they'll both like getting passes from Desharnais.

PricePkPatch*

Carolina game is perfect to try some new things. See what clicks, and throw some rusts off.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I don't get why Therrien keeps changing the line up when they're winning, but won't touch it for games on end when they're losing.

He's such a puzzling man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad