Proposal: Montour for Kapanen

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension. I clearly wrote package.

My point still stands that it's ridiculous to think he would be the centerpiece of the package. Unless your adding a bigger a piece than kapanen I doubt any team even bothers to listen.

How about about you answer my question instead of deflecting.

I never said Kapanen would be the centre piece, I said he would be in the package along with other assets including Sandin. Those don't mean the same think holy shit. Centerpiece means your the big piece. Again buddy your really struggling with the English

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I never said Kapanen would be the centre piece, I said he would be in the package along with other assets including Sandin. Those don't mean the same think holy shit. Centerpiece means your the big piece. Again buddy your really struggling with the English

You added sandin now when you everyone calls you out.

Everyone knows what leaf fans says when they mean package with kapanen. kapanen/dermott/2nd.

that's what you've all been saying for the last 2 months.

stop trying to act like that's what you meant the first time.

even then I doubt any team bites. they would want to trade their #1d for an equivalent forward not a bunch of lower pieces. that's my point too.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

He asked who the main piece would be. The correct response would have been to name the player you intended the main piece of this trade for a 1st pairing D, not argue over his specific choice of verbiage or grammar

tenor.gif

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If we’re trading Kapanen its in a pckage for a top pairing guy. If you dont want to give him up for that then fine we’ll keep him. Anyone that watches Leafs games know the defence isnt as bad as everyone says.
Ummmm it's pretty bad !!!!

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

Might as well just say "I don't watch the games", their defence isn't as big an issue as their 4th line centre spot or their puck management by thee forwards as well as goalies this year. If they had a guy like Glendening they win that series against Boston last year but don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
If you're trading only Kapanen I think Montour is the calibre of player that we will get

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Montour has higher trade value

It's Kapanen plus for Montour and not the other way around. Middle 6 wingers don't get top 4 D in a trade

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Kapanen and Sandin would still need a MAJOR add for a 1D.
Ya, no it wouldnt. Sandin is stepping in now anyways so it's not worth trading him.

The kid's hockey sense is just so good.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I don't know. Kapanen's a better player than Montour is, but I don't think the Leafs would be willing to trade him.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
Might as well just say "I don't watch the games", their defence isn't as big an issue as their 4th line centre spot or their puck management by thee forwards as well as goalies this year. If they had a guy like Glendening they win that series against Boston last year but don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Not sure how your opinion on Glendening being the difference maker is considered a fact. Did you look into alternative timelines and see that we took the series with him in the lineup? Haha. @typical.dr.strange

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Not sure how your opinion on Glendening being the difference maker is considered a fact. Did you look into alternative timelines and see that we took the series with him in the lineup? Haha. @typical.dr.strange

They lost the series cause they couldnt kill penalties, the Bruins won pretty much every faceoff on their pp because they had Bergeron going up against a Zach Hyman playing on one leg. Glendening can win faceoffs which would’ve prevented a bunch of the Bruins goals. But its funny how I can say the Leafs wouldve won but its perfectly fine to say the Leafs wont win another round and other stupid stuff like that.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
:sabres

Kapanen

:leafs

Montour
2021 2nd
1) Not getting and a 2 so lets eliminate that part. I am ASSUMING Montour will agree to multiyear deal as rfa. If Montour want to play hardball and will go only go one year and then ufa this move is poor for Leafs even with a 2. So if I am buying out Montour's ufa years doesn't he at least get 5.5 million on open market? Ergo adding to Leaf cap issue issues instead of helping? Don't see it working out.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Of course it looks bad while Muzzin,Ceci and Rielly are injured. Three of our current defense core we’re anticipated as playing in the AHL or riding pine. We haven’t had all three of those players healthy in a long time. The underwhelming goals against statistics also have a lot to do with our current team makeup favoring offensive creativity over trying to play a trap style. It’s not that doom and gloom.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Their defense overall is below average when healthy. Right now its brutal. 2 reasons they lost to boston was goaltending and poor defense when needed to shutdown. They are worse off this year and the numbers prove that. Get a grip...barrie ain't winning the Norris

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Their defense overall is below average when healthy. Right now its brutal. 2 reasons they lost to boston was goaltending and poor defense when needed to shutdown. They are worse off this year and the numbers prove that. Get a grip...barrie ain't winning the Norris

Yeah except the D wasnt the issue last year but okay lets make stuff up because we dont watch the games

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
They lost the series cause they couldnt kill penalties, the Bruins won pretty much every faceoff on their pp because they had Bergeron going up against a Zach Hyman playing on one leg. Glendening can win faceoffs which would’ve prevented a bunch of the Bruins goals. But its funny how I can say the Leafs wouldve won but its perfectly fine to say the Leafs wont win another round and other stupid stuff like that.

I'm confused, all you seemed to do with that response is prove that there are many factors involved, and nothing about the conversation that you are having can be stated as fact. Are you one of those people who argue for the fun of it?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If we’re trading Kapanen its in a pckage for a top pairing guy. If you dont want to give him up for that then fine we’ll keep him. Anyone that watches Leafs games know the defence isnt as bad as everyone says.

I dont know whats worse

That you think kapanen is part of a package for a top dmen, or that you claim to watch the leafs and think their defense isnt as bad.

I mean i suppose its not the worst defense in the league... but ita def in the running.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I dont know whats worse

That you think kapanen is part of a package for a top dmen, or that you claim to watch the leafs and think their defense isnt as bad.

I mean i suppose its not the worst defense in the league... but ita def in the running.

Man its crazy how many people like you just look at stats and don't have a clue bout the team because you don't watch them. If you put the Leafs defence core on the Bruins, they're a top 10 team defensively. The Leafs forwards blow the zone way too often and no not Matthews, Nylander, Tavares etc but the rest of the forwards, they turn the puck over way too often in the neutral zone and the other team catches the defence flat footed, on top of that Andersens been bad outside of a month and the backup situation was a tire fire. You could add Suter and Pietrangelo to the Leafs they still have the same problems. So maybe, just maybe watch the games rather than looking at stats for once and you would see theres a lot more that goes into a teams defence and goals against than the actual defencemen on the ice.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Man its crazy how many people like you just look at stats and don't have a clue bout the team because you don't watch them. If you put the Leafs defence core on the Bruins, they're a top 10 team defensively. The Leafs forwards blow the zone way too often and no not Matthews, Nylander, Tavares etc but the rest of the forwards, they turn the puck over way too often in the neutral zone and the other team catches the defence flat footed, on top of that Andersens been bad outside of a month and the backup situation was a tire fire. You could add Suter and Pietrangelo to the Leafs they still have the same problems. So maybe, just maybe watch the games rather than looking at stats for once and you would see theres a lot more that goes into a teams defence and goals against than the actual defencemen on the ice.
I watch a lot of leafs games, i question if you do tho.

Forwards are part of defense, so i agree to an extent that the leafs forwards arnt good in their own end... but their defense as a hole is pretty average, dmen included.

Your goalies havnt been great, but the d zone coverage has let em down a lot

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Not sure why Buffalo would be adding a 2and rounder.

I think the value is fairly close.

1 for 1 I'd do.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I watch a lot of leafs games, i question if you do tho.

You clearly don't. Theres a reason why everyone loved Barrie in Colorado and now all of a sudden he's terrible and had no worth at the deadline. The Leafs collective defence is awful, the defencemen are just fine. RIelly, Muzzin, Barrie and Holl as your top 4 is pretty good. Add on Sandin, Dermott and Ceci on your bottom pairing and its pretty strong. Like I said, you could add Pietrangelo to that team and their still near the bottom in GA/G

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad