Proposal: Montour for Kapanen

Ygo

Oct 19, 2015
TO wouldn't touch him... too expensive for what he brings. Kap is good, but not top 4 D + 2nd good... Lower pick, sure.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
If we’re trading Kapanen its in a pckage for a top pairing guy. If you dont want to give him up for that then fine we’ll keep him. Anyone that watches Leafs games know the defence isnt as bad as everyone says.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
no, Montour would be the Leafs worst defensive d-man
Eh, I think he would look pretty good. He’s leading a pretty terrible Sabre’s team in +\- and would likely help our goals against which is amongst the worst in the league. He would have made more sense before the deadline(had we known Muzzin would get injured) as he’s the perfect compliment for Barrie but given he plays on the left I’m not seeing a fit after Barrie walks. With Rielly and Muzzin on the left next season I don’t see a fit.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If we’re trading Kapanen its in a pckage for a top pairing guy. If you dont want to give him up for that then fine we’ll keep him. Anyone that watches Leafs games know the defence isnt as bad as everyone says.
tenor.gif

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

I'd love to know what package centered around kapanen you think will get you a top pairing d-man.

Last time I checked kapanen is on pace for 45 points. I don't think those types of players are centerpieces for top pairing d-man. :laugh:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'd love to know what package centered around kapanen you think will get you a top pairing d-man.

Last time I checked kapanen is on pace for 45 points. I don't think those types of players are centerpieces for top pairing d-man. :laugh:

Kapanen is a good player, and probably has another level. But in terms of returning a 'top pairing D' that would be a guy like Montour to play with Rielly.

Who knows, maybe a team would overpay to get a good fighter.

Mar 26, 2010
Highly doubt Toronto trades Kapanen now. That ship has sailed.

Kap has cemented himself as a Leaf. It would have to take an overpayment to pry him out now.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Eh, I think he would look pretty good. He’s leading a pretty terrible Sabre’s team in +\- and would likely help our goals against which is amongst the worst in the league. He would have made more sense before the deadline(had we known Muzzin would get injured) as he’s the perfect compliment for Barrie but given he plays on the left I’m not seeing a fit after Barrie walks. With Rielly and Muzzin on the left next season I don’t see a fit.
Montour is a right handed defenseman. He’s just been being used on the left recently due to the circumstances (buffalo having extra right hand shot defenseman).

Montour hasn’t had it easy this season. He’s been used all over the place (left side, right side, even at forward a couple times, all different d partners all season). Not ideal with him in a contract year (RFA at season’s end) but he hasn’t complained once.

sunsetsuperhuman

Mar 9, 2018
Montour is a right handed defenseman. He’s just been being used on the left recently due to the circumstances (buffalo having extra right hand shot defenseman).

He was a RD in Anaheim. And I think he needs a physical/SAH type to compliment him so he can be offensively creative.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland

Montour hasn’t had it easy this season. He’s been used all over the place (left side, right side, even at forward a couple times, all different d partners all season). Not ideal with him in a contract year (RFA at season’s end) but he hasn’t complained once.

Thanks for the clarification.I thought he was a right side defensemen with the Ducks and was super confused when I read about him being used on the left side, but assumed I was crazy. No wonder his numbers are sort of lackluster. It’s actually extra impressive he has the best +/- on the team then.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What a horrible, terrible, special post.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Muzzin - Montour would be a solid pairing. Maybe Johnsson straight up as Toronto doesn't seem willing to do a reasonable deal around Kapanen.

Reactions: Scrapy1980

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
you must be really starting to hate the leafs .
Silly idea from leafs point of view

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

I presume this package includes 1 of Marner and Matthews?

Who would the main piece going from TO be?

What a horrible, terrible, special post.

I meant Kapanen along with other assets like Sandin, I have no interest in him being traded 1 for 1 for a dman like Montour. Reading comprehension is hard I know.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I meant Kapanen along with other assets like Sandin, I have no interest in him being traded 1 for 1 for a dman like Montour. Reading comprehension is hard I know.

Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension. I clearly wrote package.

My point still stands that it's ridiculous to think he would be the centerpiece of the package. Unless your adding a bigger a piece than kapanen I doubt any team even bothers to listen.

top pairing d-man aren't traded for a bunch of pieces that might add up to the value.

How about about you answer my question instead of deflecting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad