Monthly News Thread (September/October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
If my math is right, those 2.35m viewers from Monday are about a 1.53 rating.

For comparison, Nitro's worst rating was a 1.72.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Shawn Michaels may not only be wrestling at Crown Jewel. There's speculation that a Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker match is currently planned for either Survivor Series or Royal Rumble, with the main discussion being centered around Suvivor Series. Shawn Michaels is going to be in Triple H's corner at the Australian match against The Undertaker, with Kane being in Taker's corner. Then the 4 are expected to face off in a tag match at the Crown Jewel Saudi event, and now it appears HBK will go one on one with Da Undertaka, at Royal Rumble or Survivor Series.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
- Shawn Michaels may not only be wrestling at Crown Jewel. There's speculation that a Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker match is currently planned for either Survivor Series or Royal Rumble, with the main discussion being centered around Suvivor Series. Shawn Michaels is going to be in Triple H's corner at the Australian match against The Undertaker, with Kane being in Taker's corner. Then the 4 are expected to face off in a tag match at the Crown Jewel Saudi event, and now it appears HBK will go one on one with Da Undertaka, at Royal Rumble or Survivor Series.

Br00TCn.jpg

Yeah, who needs to give another match or any airtime to young up and coming talent, when we can just throw two grandpas in there for the eleventy millionth time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Shawn hasn't wrestled in like 6 years and Undertaker has been pretty trash and can hardly move since his last Lesnar HIAC match. The hell? LOL

Oct 18, 2011
Br00TCn.jpg

Yeah, who needs to give another match or any airtime to young up and coming talent, when we can just throw two grandpas in there for the eleventy millionth time.
The WWE has 5 hours of tv per week. Most of what they put on doesn't get over. They really aren't stealing time from young talent

Oct 18, 2011
Shawn hasn't wrestled in like 6 years and Undertaker has been pretty trash and can hardly move since his last Lesnar HIAC match. The hell? LOL
Well I think HBK will probably be fine he's not the type that's going to go out there and put on a bad match

Oct 18, 2011
He’s 53 years old and hasn’t wrestled in 6 years lol.
The last time he came back he was out 4 years after a serious back injury and addiction issues. I honestly don't think if a match is bad itlli be because of him. He's too good at this

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The first ever walker match.

I think I'd rather see all three give their perspective of the story of Undertaker taping his fists to beat the hell out of Shawn for real if he didn't drop the belt to Austin.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
-wwe announced; Evolution to appear at Smackdown 1000

-Ted Turner is battling Lewy body dementia, the CNN founder revealed in an interview that will air over the weekend

-WWE shares are at 96.73$ right now. ratings down, value up.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
-WWE shares are at 96.73$ right now. ratings down, value up.

I cannot figure out how this all worked for WWE. Ratings/house shows/etc all down. Network subs not where they wanted. Show is stale and ratings go even lower.

At the same time you have absolute ridiculous money (reported 45m) Saudi shows, a 1.5 BILLION dollar potential deal with a big network, and the stock through the roof.

If you want to talk about things just not matching up... :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I cannot figure out how this all worked for WWE. Ratings/house shows/etc all down. Network subs not where they wanted. Show is stale and ratings go even lower.

At the same time you have absolute ridiculous money (reported 45m) Saudi shows, a 1.5 BILLION dollar potential deal with a big network, and the stock through the roof.

If you want to talk about things just not matching up... :laugh:
yeah... WWE was on my do not buy a few years ago. Very little of this makes sense. From an investor's standpoint, the fundamentals look fine for the company, but from a fan perspective the numbers make such little sense. It's mind boggling how they continue to rake in money despite being such a piss poor product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad