Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah as @M.C.G. 31 said about kayfabe - it's also a really bad look to basically call another worker's finisher fake....especially when it's been used to beat everybody in the company. I can't imagine Vince and Co would be thrilled about the tweet.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is why she was so hated in MMA despite all she did.

I don't get it, though. She knows this is all fake. Why can't she learn to work with the back and forth? Or at least go talk to her. If I was Becky, i'd pull her aside at Raw and tell her to understand how to build fire through social media.

But as @Emperoreddy said before - she is so thin skinned.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
But no one cares about this Twitter thing.... except people following Becky.

It’s not like they’re showing them on tv or mentioning them.

Ronda does indeed need to shut up for sure. But I see zero problem with these two barking at each other.
It’s hilarious.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I always wonder how these Twitter feuds happen......like if Ronda is alone in her hotel room hunched over a laptop fuming over what Becky wrote and typing a response, or if they're all in the same room sharing what dialogue to use and laughing about it

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I always wonder how these Twitter feuds happen......like if Ronda is alone in her hotel room hunched over a laptop fuming over what Becky wrote and typing a response, or if they're all in the same room sharing what dialogue to use and laughing about it
Becky and Charlotte definitely laugh about it together, while they’re in the car to the next town probably.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

giphy.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Dude... legit that is happening and you know it. Look what people do on HF if they disagree about a trade that they had no part of making. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- WWE updated their May live event listings to add Roman Reigns....... and Dean Ambrose. While it doesn't mean an agreement for Ambrose to stay was made, it certainly indicates that WWE Officials now expect him to stay.

- There was speculation that Ciampa and Gargano would face The Revival at Fastlane, but due to Ciampa's injury, that likely won't be the case. It's possible Black and Ricochet get that spot instead.

- There are conflicting reports on Bray Wyatt's return. Some think that Wyatt will return before WrestleMania and have a match at Mania, while others think that Bray Wyatt's return will be kept until the shows after WrestleMania so it has a bigger impact.

- Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose are now both no longer listed for the live events

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Rusev also tweeted out "Ronda Rousey is like Charles Barkley... not a role model."

- WWE is "not thrilled" with Ronda Rousey's language on Twitter, and the wording of her tweets wasn't approved the way she put them out.

- Ciampa is suffering from a neck injury. He's not medically cleared at the moment, and it's been nagging him for 4-5 weeks.

- Kenny Omega says his dream match for WWE is only AJ Styles, and that his Wrestlemania was the Tokyo Dome.

- WWE talents are reportedly less worried about being vocal to management about things they're unhappy with, and the thought is that being vocal to management will actually lead to a push depending on who you are, case in point: The Revival.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't get it, though. She knows this is all fake. Why can't she learn to work with the back and forth? Or at least go talk to her. If I was Becky, i'd pull her aside at Raw and tell her to understand how to build fire through social media.

But as @Emperoreddy said before - she is so thin skinned.

Not only thin-skinned, but she is also a mark. It’s incredible how bad she is at this that she is working herself into a shoot.

What is worth is people actually claiming Ronnie won this round.

Cornette is somewhere losing his mind, while declaring his undying love for Becky.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I love how Ronda tries to act all tough. Yeah, we get it, you were in the UFC, but not every person in the UFC is tougher than every person not in the UFC simply because they were in that profession.

For all we know, Becky and Ronda could get into a legitimate fight and Becky would kick the ever living **** out of her. We just don't know. But it's cute of Ronda to try and puff her chest and play the big, bad, UFC woman when she got destroyed her last couple of UFC fights.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'd be less worried about Ronda's language and more worried about the fact that she acknowledged a script and called a move she sold her ass off too, "Fake."

Everybody knows it's not legit, but for Christ's sake, you don't scream your ass off in it and then say it's "Fake BS." Cornette's head is probably about to explode.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if rondas leaving or taking a break after WM... you could use that i guess. (
without saying its fake, of corse, that shes above wrestling... people gonna boo her anyways.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
People defending her by saying Punk did the same thing.

Go listen to the pipe bomb again. Punk never alluded to the actual wrestling being fake. In fact remember how many times he brought up he would beat Cena and become champion. That is how you shoot.

The script crack is straight Russo. It’s just stupid. No selling her finisher like that though? That is bad for business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad