Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think Money in the Bank is a bit too wacky for NXT. Part of what make NXT so good is that their main championship is always strong, subjecting it to a cash in every year would weaken it. Especially when you have such a low number of title matches in a year with so few Takeovers and 1 hour weekly shows.

Ignoring that, I like the idea of an NXT match on some of the PPVs. I just can't see it happening. They already have shows that are far too long, with far too many titles and massive rosters, so instead of replacing a match with an NXT one I'd just remove the match all together.

But if they did a Clash of Champions or Night of Champions PPV, I think you could involve NXT somehow. I'd only do it if the match up made sense. Like I wouldn't feed Cole to Lesnar or Strowman, it would have to be against someone like Bryan. Nor would I wouldn't to have NXT's booking dictated by the main roster.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont know. just maybe do the 6-men NA title again.... not a fan of yearly gimmick stuff and i dont want them doing the main roster thing. its the reason nxt is fun.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not news but I was thinking, how cool would it be if they made an NXT MITB and had the match at MITB? The build would be on NXT, and it would be like a spotlight match each year

ohhh and what if the MITB case wasn't for a title shot, but for a call up.

Reactions: TNT87

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
More and more "news" is all a work now. I don't believe too much I read from WWE-related sources anymore.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE management are reportedly quite disappointed in audience reactions for Elias that aren’t translating to popularity beyond WWE events.

Apparently, there’s concern he doesn’t have the charisma that was hoped for and he may end up like another Cesaro.

This is coming from a dude who works with PWTorch.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Guy has killer lines but same crap over and over.
Didn’t like him in nxt and never liked him in the main roster.... wrestling or promo wise, I think he sucks.

(I enjoyed the fake documentary and the NOLA show at some bar.. if we’re talking beyond the ring)

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
As for Dean Ambrose, the media and/or shareholders asked the company about it, and the WWE felt they had a fiduciary duty to put out a statement and get ahead of the narrative in the process, according to Keller.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
WWE management are reportedly quite disappointed in audience reactions for Elias that aren’t translating to popularity beyond WWE events.

Apparently, there’s concern he doesn’t have the charisma that was hoped for and he may end up like another Cesaro.

This is coming from a dude who works with PWTorch.

I am not sure I understand this one? He gets reactions every single time and he's a decent wrestler, nothing crazy. He has not been given one single storyline that I can recall with any type of depth to it. He doesn't have to be the guitar player every single night. He can just be Elias and be cool.

Give him a story with some substance. Let's see what happens. I do not understand WWE at all on this one.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AJ Styles says on Twitter he hasn’t signed a new deal with WWE yet.

It expires after Wrestlemania of this Year.

There’s still no word on Nakamura’s contract, which expires the same time, of the Good Bro’s whose contracts have been said to expire anytime between after Mania to September 2019

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Styles is so going to get the Shawn Michaels deal with a 7-figure downside guarantee to prevent him from jumping to AEW. No doubt.

Imagine he did leave and AEW got Ambrose AND Styles? f***.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Styles is so going to get the Shawn Michaels deal with a 7-figure downside guarantee to prevent him from jumping to AEW. No doubt.

Imagine he did leave and AEW got Ambrose AND Styles? ****.

I think with Styles it’s more the schedule than money.

Issue is, WWE now essentially needs to give Styles both money AND the type of schedule he wants, because AEW is willing to, and you’re now losing Ambrose and it appears he’ll end up in AEW at some point.

Itd be interesting to see what happens if Styles leaves. Imagine WWE losing the face of SmackDown and one of the key guys in RAW at the same time?

It would force WWE to elevate some people or bring up top guys from NXT and actually push them. So it’d be interesting to see how that would play out

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently WWE had two plans for Lars Sullivan

- A Rumble spot with Cena, which would lead to a Mania match
- Becoming apart of Bryan’s new stable.

When suspicion that Lars anxiety was a rouse started, Bryan apparently requested Rowan be put into the spot as his muscle instead, and WWE obviously agreed.

There seems to be some doubt about Sullivan’s status now

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There was some weird rumor that it’s a cover for his tweets in the past, though I think that was a reddit thing and not something confirmed.

Becky was not at the house show in Vancouver which seems to have people upset for obvious reasons as she was advertised.

Feb 24, 2017
There was some weird rumor that it’s a cover for his tweets in the past, though I think that was a reddit thing and not something confirmed.

Becky was not at the house show in Vancouver which seems to have people upset for obvious reasons as she was advertised.
I didn’t bother going to the show tonight, and I’m very much at peace with that after hearing the main attraction wasn’t present.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn’t bother going to the show tonight, and I’m very much at peace with that after hearing the main attraction wasn’t present.
No AJ Styles on that show either.

And Seth didn't work the Raw show, but he is there.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I am not sure I understand this one? He gets reactions every single time and he's a decent wrestler, nothing crazy. He has not been given one single storyline that I can recall with any type of depth to it. He doesn't have to be the guitar player every single night. He can just be Elias and be cool.

Give him a story with some substance. Let's see what happens. I do not understand WWE at all on this one.

I generally agree here...they never gave him anything to make the fans give a reaction...they just have him

Has a great look, has a personality, and can somewhat go....should be enough for IC/US midcard

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Maybe he is getting the vocal reactions but is not selling any merch? Maybe people just like shouting "Walk with Elias"?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
No. He shouldn't be good enough for a title. They need to avoid dragging the title down to Elias's level. They should be pushing it up the card and putting it on main event guys instead of lower tier guys who have zero potential at the main event level.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Elias is dreadfully boring in the ring (has elevated himself from being unsafe, to being safe but boring).

He only got reactions by using cheap heel heat with his songs, bashing wherever he was.

He's fine as a short term mid-card title placeholder, but nothing more. Still think he'd be better off as a heel manager who sometimes gets a shot at a midcard belt.

Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Cesaro though. Talk about criminally underused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad