827.jpg

A rookie goalie?
With those AHL numbers?
In front of this defense?
Located entirely within your kitchen?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Really hope this doesn't destroy his confidence.

I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world to have him play a handful of games. If he's starting the majority of the rest of the season, then that's a different story. I actually hope he plays instead of Sateri though.

Reactions: lakai17

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Springfield has a game tonight, I don't understand why they couldn't wait until tomorrow.

My guess for Springfield is that they get Kaskisuo on loan from the Leafs, he's been loaned to Chicago (Vegas farm team) because their goalies were injured & called up and now they're both healthy. If Reimer is out long-term, rather have Cowley (yes, I know he needs to be signed first) sit on the bench over Monty.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Springfield has a game tonight, I don't understand why they couldn't wait until tomorrow.

My guess for Springfield is that they get Kaskisuo on loan from the Leafs, he's been loaned to Chicago (Vegas farm team) because their goalies were injured & called up and now they're both healthy.

So he'll miss 1 game, not a big deal. He's played in 14 of the last 16 anyway. He'll probably go back after Thursday vs. Washington.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
So he'll miss 1 game, not a big deal. He's played in 14 of the last 16 anyway. He'll probably go back after Thursday vs. Washington.
I'm more of talking about the T-Birds perspective, than Monty's personal development. I can't imagine it's that great to hear 6 hours before the game that your number 1 goalie is getting taken away.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I'm more of talking about the T-Birds perspective, than Monty's personal development. I can't imagine it's that great to hear 6 hours before the game that your number 1 goalie is getting taken away.

With all due respect to minor leagues, the NHL takes precedence. Let him arrive early and settle in before the game(s).

Reactions: Vilam

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
With all due respect to minor leagues, the NHL takes precedence. Let him arrive early and settle in before the game(s).
I understand that if the games are concurrent (or on the opposite end of the continent), but Monty could've played tonight and he would've still been there in time for practice tomorrow with an early flight. The likelyhood that he's going to play against Caps (unless Sateri gets injured of course) is slim anyway.

We didn't have practice, so there was no actual need to do the recall today. All I'm saying is that they made a hasty decision.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Can we find anything else to complain about? lol

Hopefully he's flying Delta and not Jet Blue! Will he get soda or water during the plane trip? Munchies or peanuts? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Kid Icarus

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I understand that if the games are concurrent (or on the opposite end of the continent), but Monty could've played tonight and he would've still been there in time for practice tomorrow with an early flight. The likelyhood that he's going to play against Caps (unless Sateri gets injured of course) is slim anyway.

We didn't have practice, so there was no actual need to do the recall today. All I'm saying is that they made a hasty decision.

And if he gets injured we're SOL.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Any chance he get to play against Capitals? Especially if he won't play for Springfield in their game before coming to the Panthers? Or is Sateri the guy until Reimer comes back? Wouldn't mind him getting a look at the NHL level for a game or two, just to get the feel of things. By the sound of things, he has done quite well at the AHL level recently?

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Monty > Sateri

No reason to not play him.

Getting goosebumps from remembering Markstrom's game in Montreal.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Can we find anything else to complain about? lol

Hopefully he's flying Delta and not Jet Blue! Will he get soda or water during the plane trip? Munchies or peanuts? :sarcasm:

It's all we got left
:sarcasm:

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Who's the next (5th) goalie in the pecking order? Rob Tallas or the emergency goaltender who travels with the team?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Who's the next (5th) goalie in the pecking order? Rob Tallas or the emergency goaltender who travels with the team?

If need be, I presume they'd sign Cowley to an ELC. He's currently on an AHL contract. After that, no one. Bednard is in college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad