Recalled/Assigned: Montembeault assigned to AHL, Driedger recalled in his place

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Monty simply needs to face more shots, he will get that in the A instead of riding the bench here

Driedger looked solid in camp and had played well in Springfield.

Let's see how Monty handles the demotion. Will it make him hungrier or screw up his psyche?

Guess we'll see!

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if he's one of those goalies that just needs to see a lot of shots. Hopefully not, and this backup rule works for him.
If not, I hope Driedger is up for it. He sure looks like he's playing good this year.

But then again, how will he do with not a lot of work? Or will he even get a chance, and will Monty be called up before the next B2B?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Look's like Driedger has played well so he's deserved it. Again, good to see guys getting rewarded for playing well down in the minors, good for the culture.
Yup, why should anyone get all boohoo sentimental about Monty? This is a tough business where fans want to see wins and good performances. Monty hasn’t brought it this season yet. Time to get better.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The best thing i read before on the FaceBook Panthers Group.
"Drieger is better then Monty" Its not like Drieger doesnt saw a single Minute NHL while Monty has 2-3 Games played, its a bit over the Top.

Monty clearly showed a few things where you see he need to work on. In the Carolina game he showed some weak Rebound Control. He might need some more Games or a bit more Time. When i watch Markstrom playing now, it looks like most of Panthers Goalies are late Bloomer.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
The best thing i read before on the FaceBook Panthers Group.
"Drieger is better then Monty" Its not like Drieger doesnt saw a single Minute NHL while Monty has 2-3 Games played, its a bit over the Top.

Monty clearly showed a few things where you see he need to work on. In the Carolina game he showed some weak Rebound Control. He might need some more Games or a bit more Time. When i watch Markstrom playing now, it looks like most of Panthers Goalies are late Bloomer.

That place... that place... dear lord

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
People think this place is bad. That place.. I wanna leave but it's so bad you just cant leave ;)
This place is pretty awful, I just imagine a bunch of boomer neckbeards who have never played a minute of organized sports trying to convince the hive mind that they know more than the coaching staff. News flash people, this is the highest level of hockey play in existence, everyone is top tier. There are going to be nights where some 4th liner makes barky look like a bush leaguer and other nights players like Dryden Hunt get a hattrick. Just sit back and enjoy the show.... and please for the love of god trade Matheson already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad