Post-Game Talk: Monsters @ Wild | 2/14/2013 | 6:00 MT |Stoppable Force vs Movable Object

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Sherman is a genius btw.

He could tell on an early stage that signing Greg Zanon would land us Seth Jones in the end.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The culture of losing among Avalanche fans disgusts me.

Well I hate rooting for a loss.
But we are absolutely going nowhere this season.
And in this draft a top 5 pick is so much better than the 8-14 th pick that it is not even funny.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Did Primadonna and Pampered made that Bang Bang dance tonight?!?! I hope not!!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Really think next year both Barrie and Elliot need to be up. Even if they rotate as 6/7.

Well with the way Barrie played tonight and last game, if he keeps this up he'll quickly have himself a permanent spot in the Top 4.

I know its almost impossible to look at a positive side to our Defense... BUT if were fully healthy on Defense at some point this season, and Barrie keeps this play up, our Top 4 could actually be considered decent at some point.

Wilson - EJ
Hejda - Barrie

Hejda - Barrie playing very well together, EJ - Wilson were playing well before they both went boom.

EDIT: Wow Barrie played 26 mins tonight. That's A LOT for a rookie Dman, if it was any coach but Sacco I would say that's an extremely good sign for him to be given that much trust.... But alas its Sacco and it probably means nothing, he'll play 15 Mins against the Oilers or be a healthy scratch.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Only caught the end of the game (last 2 mins of reg on). Good to see a win though, beauty shot from Duchene in the shootout.

Glad to hear people praising Barrie, I hope this guy takes this opportunity and sets it up.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Madness is happening.

Great game for Barrie, I was most impressed with him.

And Duchene as usual... But this game reminds me of how effective Stastny can be when he has wingers who are (or play) NHL caliber games.

Stastny has always been a catalyst... but it's even more obvious at this point. If we can really get some more talent in the top 6 Stastny will be fine. By that I mean... Landeskog and Drafting Mackinnon lol

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I know everyone wants the tank, but I would really rather see the team win even if they end up 9th in the west, build some confidence for them.

Gotta say it was nice to see Staz and Jones actually play for once. Duchene, PAP, Mitchell, Palfubdiudhyeurihnkdj, McGinn, Barrie and Duke all looked good tonight.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I know everyone wants the tank, but I would really rather see the team win even if they end up 9th in the west, build some confidence for them.

Agreed. Rather win any day, especially since it would suggest our core players are actually worth a damn. :laugh:

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Great game by boys, proud they were able to pull off the win. Barrie looked great and it looks like he's finally getting comfortable and confident at the nhl level. His defense was really good and his decisions with the the puck were much smarter.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We were the last team in the league to hit 10 points....

If we had just lost this game in regulation we would have had sole possession of last place.

Damnit Barrie/Duchene/Hejduk/Stastny start buying into the tank already. Seth Jones is just dying to join his childhood team.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
We were the last team in the league to hit 10 points....

If we had just lost this game in regulation we would have had sole possession of last place.

Damnit Barrie/Duchene/Hejduk/Stastny start buying into the tank already. Seth Jones is just dying to join his childhood team.

tanks_00420159.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad