GDT: Monsters @ Bulldogs - on TVA Sports

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Chaput instead of Leblanc? Weird choice...

Give Lefebvre a mediocre veteran and he'll immediately give him more responsibilities than he deserves. Time and time again this has happened this year.

With that said, Leblanc is so snakebitten and unable to score right now, I don't blame him for not using him in the SO. I really hope that once Leblanc is not recalled for training camp, he'll take it as a major wake up call and realize he has a ton of work to do on his game. It's mind boggling that he could go from a 0.71 PPG in the AHL last year (on a team with big offensive problems) to...this.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Well Bulldogs played a good game but lacked the killer instinc in this one which isn't surprising from a team who struggles so much to score goals. I knew that Lake Erie was going to tie the game at the end after so many chances blown by the team to clear the puck out of the zone in that final minute. Dumont had an ok game but didn't do a whole lot. Beaulieu had a decent game, didn't get exposed defensively and had a couple good shots on net. Leblanc had a bad game, he had two BRUTAL giveaways on the PP and one that gave the other team a breakaway but thankfully he didn't capitalize on it. Gallagher had a much better night than yesterday but didn't really play differently, luckily both of his points came on similar plays (2 on 1) and he was able to make something out of both of these opportunities. And Langevin compared St. Denis to Gorges :shakehead

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm definitely of two minds about Leblanc. He had some chances and made some nifty moves but I think he was better last year. Which makes me think/hope that his development is mirroring Patches.

Pacioretty looked solid in his first year as a pro, splitting almost in half his time with Hamilton and Montreal. Then his 2nd year he seemed to regress a bit and people started to write him off. Then his 3rd year he really took off.

There is a not so rational side of me that has the word 'bust' attaching itself to him. On the other hand the rational side is thinking he'll just need more time than a lot of us expected.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Give Lefebvre a mediocre veteran and he'll immediately give him more responsibilities than he deserves. Time and time again this has happened this year.

This is why I don't understand the management not signing good/great veterans over guys like Chaput, Blunden, Stortini, etc. It's not like they are solely living and dying by the prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00