Pre-Game Talk: Monday vs. Vancouver: Clinch or Clench Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wasn't the season supposed to be over by now? Are these all rescheduled now or just 5/7? Can't say the last place Covidnuts are going to be spell binding entertainment..

jebus we play the Nucks 5X still... Its like preseason out there..

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Matthews goal scoring is pretty impressive. I was more down on him before, but he scores so many goals for his team. What would they be without him? Still good, but they would have a harder time thats for sure.

Unfortunately for him, Connor is having a monster year and is a much better overall player. He does it all. Scores and makes others better

That's the thing. Matthews is a great, not a good, but a great player who is worthy of top 5 player in the league discussion but this incessant need for Leafs Nation to compare him to McDavid makes you want to root against him so they can just shut their yaps already.

If Matthews was playing just about anywhere else, I'd enjoy the hell out of watching him but him being a Leaf makes it difficult.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Wasn't the season supposed to be over by now? Are these all rescheduled now or just 5/7? Can't say the last place Covidnuts are going to be spell binding entertainment..

jebus we play the Nucks 5X still... Its like preseason out there..
This coming Saturday was the originally planned end to the season. Edmonton was supposed to be done Friday.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Wooooo May bonus games! If you can't be there in person, watching outdoors in the sun is a fine way to watch it.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Just one point, even an OT loss and we get that promotion with that very nice 'x'
I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be butt cheek clenching the entire game.
They buried Calgary on Saturday, and with 4 or 5 games left vs Vancouver, their fate is in our court.
How good would it feel to bury both of those rivals, and watch their fanbase melt in jealously while they watch Connor McAlien in the playoffs

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Matthews would be way more liked if the leaf media didn’t shout from the roof tops that he’s the best in the league every time they get the chance.

He’s good... he might even be top 3 good but to say he’s better than McDavid 700 times a season is just embarrassing.
I agree with this, I enjoy watching matthews play he’s an amazing talent and his shooting is mesmerizing. However he’s closer to a prime Stamkos than a “better than mcdavid”

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I can make a emergency GDT but it’ll take me a few hours.

@ConnorMcMullet where are you?
200.gif

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Switch Draisaitl and Kahun and that should be our lineup heading into the playoffs imo.

Kahun - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - McLeod - Archibald
Neal - Khaira - Chiasson

Nurse - Barrie
Kulikov - Larsson
Jones - Bear

Smith

You could even switch Khaira and McLeod since JJ had some success with Ennis and Archie. If Neal/Chiasson are flat then Haas/Shore can replace them.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I was wondering the same. Undrafted 25 year old German that played in Minnesota State last 4 years

Pretty decent NCAA numbers though. 162 points over 148 games in his college career. Two years as the team Captain. Granted he was a bit older of a player which could have helped him.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
No. I guess Tippett likes to gamble. If Khaira plays and aggravates his concussion it's going to look really bad on Tippett, and Holland too imo

It has been a full two weeks since he played and has been healthy enough to practice the entire time.

I'm likely with you in that I'd probably prefer that they would have given him at least a couple more games off, maybe even shut him down for the season, but if it's the doctors saying he's cleared to play it's not a reflection on Tippett if he reaggravates it.

Maybe it looks bad on Holland as if he isn't ready the fact they have doctor's clearing him looks bad on the organization, but coaches pick the best available players based off the medical clearances given. And right now if healthy, he is at least our 4th best option at Centre. The team concern now is that we now have zero right handed centremen in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad