Pre-Game Talk: Monday vs. Vancouver: Clinch or Clench Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It is all pretty anticlimactic right now.

too bad Vancouver hit the skids--I was cheering for them to go on a winning run. they have 11 games left and are 14 behind the habs. They were 9 at one point in time

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We got just 2 callups left.
Don't think Broberg would be one.
Bouchard and maybe Stalock will get them I think.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We got just 2 callups left.
Don't think Broberg would be one.
Bouchard and maybe Stalock will get them I think.

I think we have 3. Was Neal a call-up? I cant remember. Nygard was 1.

McLoed was called up under emergency due to injuries to Kassian and Khaira so that doesnt count until they come back.

1 is going to Bouchard for sure.

Stalock is already on the roster so there is no need to call him up as we have been carrying 3 goalies, 12 F and 8 D since Stalock came of IR.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The 5 games against Vancouver should be interesting. Vancouver will be auditioning a lot of youngsters and the Oilers will be trying new line combinations and probably playing Koskinen in 50% of the games.

I think Khaira will go between Neal and Chaisson so Tippett has his 4th "heavy" line and they were game in game out our most consistent line in the play-ins last year, a very effective experienced 4th line.

Will be interesting to see what Tippett settles with for the other lines, does he go with the DRY line and move McLoed to 3C with Archibald and Shore, playing Kahun on LW?

Just nobody get hurt please and go 4-1 against Vancouver and split the last 2 with Montreal to secure our spot at 2nd and roll into playoffs with a nice winning rhythm.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Hope you guys are taking notes of how Man United fans react when they dislike what ownership and management does

weird post tbh.

I'll keep what dumb-ass soccer hooligans are doing in mind if ever the Oilers decide to break away from the NHL with like 8 other teams to form a super league at the expense of hockey everywhere. But even in that scenario, sports don't matter and there are literally thousands of better reasons to protest.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
weird post tbh.

I'll keep what dumb-ass soccer hooligans are doing in mind if ever the Oilers decide to break away from the NHL with like 8 other teams to form a super league at the expense of hockey everywhere. But even in that scenario, sports don't matter and there are literally thousands of better reasons to protest.

Actually the super league is just the latest thing the owners have done.

My point is. On this board and other oiler sites, I see a lot of whining about when the oiler bosses or owner screws up.

I like follow through on all the whining next time

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Those soccer fans are next level Neanderthal lol

Going into the place with heir 6 packs and bags of liquor lol. All proud and mighty.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Barrie has 2 assists and 0 goals at 5v5 in his last 14 games.

We know what he can do on the PP but with MTL and TOR as playoff teams that really challenge us at 5v5, I want to see Barrie step it up. Other than a WPG game, he has been fairly weak.

Tippett might be able to help him by optimizing D pairings. I feel like we don't see it as much of a problem because of how good Smith has been.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
clinch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad