WWE: Monday Night Raw 199: Monday Night Firefly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Why would anyone think they're bringing back the hardcore championship?

Would be pretty stupid without blood in the PG era. It would just be a belt that would be fought over with kendo sticks and chair shots to the back.

This company cut the Mysterio vs Joe match short because of blood and refused to show Ali who was busted up at the end of the ladder match.

I think the Legends title is more feasible and would make sense to keep the "Legends" out of main story lines. Maybe have it defended 4x per year at the big 4 PPVs.

Because it's Mick Foley making the announcement.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Do not want the hardcore title in this era. It will be turned into comedy and "hardcore" is pretty much dead (in a good way). It's such a weird attempt at a ratings pop. We do not need more titles.

Comedy is fine with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the DDT 24/7 title when joey Ryan was making it more and more ridiculous

I mean, Shane McMahon is winning ppv matches, its not like we have a high bar for realism

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Do not want the hardcore title in this era. It will be turned into comedy and "hardcore" is pretty much dead (in a good way). It's such a weird attempt at a ratings pop. We do not need more titles.

The thing is towards the end of the Hardcore title's life it was pretty much a comedy belt anyway. It went away from the weapons to "how ridiculous can we make the next title change?" Just call it the 24/7 belt and that also solves the problem

I loved it. Even the goofy **** like the Headbangers fighting Crash Holly for it in a damn kid's indoor playplace and Briscoe pinning Crash Holly for it in his sleep (complete with the commentators whispering) :laugh:

Even in this era it has a smidgen of potential and would be pretty hard to screw up (tho i don't doubt WWE's ability to do so anyway)

Edit: That being said if they do revive the original hardcore belt they prove yet again they are totally out of touch with today's fans.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m here for Lesnar beatboxing with the briefcase. He’s having fun with this.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How is Lesnar’s win legal if he wasn’t in the ring when the bell rang? I don’t get it. If they negotiated him to be the 8th man, he should have been in there when the bell rang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad