WWE: Monday Night Raw 199: Monday Night Firefly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They are gonna call the new title the Wildcard Championship aren’t they

Reactions: Fro

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm still holding out hope for the Hardcore title, complete with 24/7 rules
Do not want the hardcore title in this era. It will be turned into comedy and "hardcore" is pretty much dead (in a good way). It's such a weird attempt at a ratings pop. We do not need more titles.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Do not want the hardcore title in this era. It will be turned into comedy and "hardcore" is pretty much dead (in a good way). It's such a weird attempt at a ratings pop. We do not need more titles.

Yeah, I'd be concerned about how they'd portray it but the 24/7 rule was one of my favorites. I just can't think of any other title they'd be creating that would make any sense. I agree there's way too many titles but now that it's confirmed we're getting another, I can't think of another that makes any sense.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah, I'd be concerned about how they'd portray it but the 24/7 rule was one of my favorites. I just can't think of any other title they'd be creating that would make any sense. I agree there's way too many titles but now that it's confirmed we're getting another, I can't think of another that makes any sense.
I think we are all in the same boat right now in our heads saying "What title could they actually add that makes any sense?" The only one is the hardcore and it would still be overkill, but to be fair - i wouldn't hate it . I'd just be like "Meh.. i don't care. I honestly don't even remember who has the Raw tag titles or the IC belt right now."

We shall see. I'll be refreshing this thread quite often. I will not waste my time watching. I have HFWF to participate in.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think we are all in the same boat right now in our heads saying "What title could they actually add that makes any sense?" The only one is the hardcore and it would still be overkill, but to be fair - i wouldn't hate it . I'd just be like "Meh.. i don't care. I honestly don't even remember who has the Raw tag titles or the IC belt right now."

We shall see. I'll be refreshing this thread quite often. I will not waste my time watching. I have HFWF to participate in.

There's no reason to add another mid card title (like the European) considering there's a mid card title for each brand already. We have tag titles for each brand, women's titles for each brand, a main title for each brand, etc. I saw another speculated one on Cageside Seats (I don't know if it counts as a rumor or anything like that so I'll refrain from mentioning it directly just in case but anyone could easily find it) which I guess would make sense too given who's announcing it. But I think the hardcore one would at least add some degree of interest but only if it comes with the 24/7 rule. Given we're in the network and social media era, having someone randomly defend the title on a Friday afternoon via the 24/7 rule with people getting notifications the title's being defended would give them some interesting content.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
come on dude......
can we let people speculate and not spoil it?
this doesnt change my life. but you guys are pretty annoying....

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
in the monthly news and in this thread you've said the Rumor is that.
people are talking about a 24/7 and you come here to say Legend Championship again.
keep those rumors out for people who watch.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
people are talking about a 24/7 and you come here to say Legend Championship again.

It's no more of a speculation than anything else. Nobody knows, including people backstage.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don’t think that’s a spoiler or anything, it’s just speculation. Rumours and speculation shouldn’t be in the spoiler thread imo.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nothing is known. Dave was speculating on possibilities, just like we all assumed it would be some sort of Hardcore or 24/7 title. Cageside reported what Dave was saying.

"But I have not gotten anything - nothing official, as far as like what it’s gonna be. They’re trying to keep it under wraps"

Dave said he hadn't heard anything on it. He was speculating. It's not a spoiler.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah it just sounded like Dave speculating.

Makes sense. Trick the Saudi’s into thinking they are getting some big championship belt and then bury it after the show.

Return of the hardcore title would suck.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I think a Hardcore title 24/7 might work out. Like, 24/7 made for some good shenanigans. Plus, with 2 title belts on SmackDown (Finn AND Joe), RAW needs another belt.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Why would anyone think they're bringing back the hardcore championship?

Would be pretty stupid without blood in the PG era. It would just be a belt that would be fought over with kendo sticks and chair shots to the back.

This company cut the Mysterio vs Joe match short because of blood and refused to show Ali who was busted up at the end of the ladder match.

I think the Legends title is more feasible and would make sense to keep the "Legends" out of main story lines. Maybe have it defended 4x per year at the big 4 PPVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->