WWE: Monday Night Raw 197: The Vince Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I mean, did anyone really think it wasn't bull****?

I considered that MAYBE wwe realised they needed to actually freshen up and listen to the fans. especially ahead of AEWs launch. I wanted the promo to be legit. but I was naive.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I mean, I guess they could be setting up more stuff with the New Day, but I still don't like it.

Maybe, but why not just wait for Smackdown for that then? Or just have the Bar and Drew blow it up at the end, New Day runs down for a big going off the air fight? I mean I feel like that would have been better...marginally.

Oct 18, 2011
The Bar would have been very low down my list of people to blow up that match

if you told me someone was blowing it up to make it a tag match tho, I might have thought of them but still

just weird. WWE just cant book anything any more. they got results at Mania mostly right and then follow it up with nonsense
The shield attacking Kofi works

New Day attacking Seth works

Having a group OF NXT guys attack both works

Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, etc

There were better ways to pull the rug out if you didn't intend on unifying the titles

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Coulda been worse.

They coulda had the Bar WIN the match and get both titles, one for each of them.

$5 says one of the idiot writers floated it as an option.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Big E and Xavier gave Torrie a standing ovation for her puberty comment. I'm f***ing crying. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Twitter did a fake follower purge in July of last year and that audit was updated 13 months ago. WWE either gained 200k followers in 13 months, or they lost quite a bit in the purge.

Instagram is the most marketable one of social media channels. That’s where people buy their fake followers. On IG, WWE has 59.8% real ones, for example. IG Audit

The point is that these brands and celebs buy fake followers, especially singular, online celebs and influencers who’ll pay $1,000 for x amount of followers so they can get that product sponsorship that pays them $5,000 - $50,000 per ad because that brand thinks they have a huge following.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Show em, UCE!

8K4VAqw.png
Go read my show.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I considered that MAYBE wwe realised they needed to actually freshen up and listen to the fans. especially ahead of AEWs launch. I wanted the promo to be legit. but I was naive.

I mean, WWE haven't listened to the fans for like 15 years now. If they didn't get the message when fans were literally hijacking segments to boo the companys top guys they were never going to get it.

Oct 18, 2011
Coulda been worse.

They coulda had the Bar WIN the match and get both titles, one for each of them.

$5 says one of the idiot writers floated it as an option.
I've heard Prichard on his podcast defend bait and switch tactics like this with some BS logic

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Twitter did a fake follower purge in July of last year and that audit was updated 13 months ago. WWE either gained 200k followers in 13 months, or they lost quite a bit in the purge.

Instagram is the most marketable one of social media channels. That’s where people buy their fake followers. On IG, WWE has 59.8% real ones, for example. IG Audit

The point is that these brands and celebs buy fake followers, especially singular, online celebs and influencers who’ll pay $1,000 for x amount of followers so they can get that product sponsorship that pays them $5,000 - $50,000 per ad because that brand thinks they have a huge following.
I'm certain they have plenty of fakes, I just don't think there's anything unusual about them compared to any other big brand. They're just bigger for a variety of reasons. They push their social media a ton, which people respond to. The product they put on social media is far more accessible and content rich than other sports. Tons of people follow WWE super casually, and hitting follow/subscribe/like is incredibly easy. I have tons of friends who follow WWE accounts on social media who'd be incredibly confused if I asked them if they saw RAW or Smackdown.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bait and switch only works if you give the crowd something else they like.

The Bar surely isn’t that. Undisputed Era could have been that, but honestly it’s better they weren’t there if you want to see them be pushed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It would've worked if they put the heat on guys who were worth putting the heat on. I was anticipating the match getting blown up, but not by a Smackdown tag team.

(the brand split is dying)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad