WWE: Monday Night Raw 195: The winner takes it all, the loser has to fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meeeeeh gonna disagree on that one. I think a lot of them in the past 8 years have been terrible. I know this because I remember sitting and eating pizza watching it saying outloud "this is terrible."
They've been good for a while now, not the best show of the year, but if they're bad in any way it's because it's too long.

This is going to be like an 8-hour show, which I will be consuming live in the stadium

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They've been good for a while now, not the best show of the year, but if they're bad in any way it's because it's too long.

This is going to be like an 8-hour show, which I will be consuming live in the stadium

You will be there for all 8 hours? God bless you.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
People always say Wrestlemania is going to be one of the worst ever, and there hasn't been a bad one in like 8 years. The problem is going to be matches that should be getting 15 minutes only getting 6 or 7

Agree and disagree.

Agree that people saying the upcoming WM is gonna be worst Mania ever is annoying and a gigantic exaggeration every year. Disagree, a few of the ones the past 8 years have been pretty bad.

If we're talking 8 years, only 27 and 32 can be discussed in being bottom-tier Manias. Among the rest 30 and 31 were great and the rest were between okay to meh.

I don't think this year is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. It's gonna be too big and too long but I think a lot of the matches have at least some intrigue which is better than what I can say for most years. Even crap like Balor/Lashley, we'll get a demon entrance and a squash. Joe/Mysterio - first Mania for Joe and first in a while for Mysterio. First Women's tag defense, both main title matches can go either way, Raw Women's & Styles/Orton could potentially be a barn burner.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They’re packing the card too much. It looks amazing on paper, but then you realize timing is a thing. Most of these matches won’t get the time they need to be good at all.

Reactions: Habsrule

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The last 2-3 have been bad because they went till midnight. Just too long. The last really good one was XXX (Bryan winning, Taker loss). The one where Cena vs Miz in Atlanta (27 I think?) was the worst.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The last 2-3 have been bad because they went till midnight. Just too long. The last really good one was XXX (Bryan winning, Taker loss). The one where Cena vs Miz in Atlanta (27 I think?) was the worst.
They say if you're old then the worst Wrestlemania was WM 9, and if you're young(er), the worst Wrestlemania was WM 27

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
They say if you're old then the worst Wrestlemania was WM 9, and if you're young(er), the worst Wrestlemania was WM 27

I'm somewhere in the middle and along with those two, WM 15 and 23 (which I attended live) should be in the discussion.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

IX was really bad, and it was the one I said was the worst for years, but at least it has things I'm nostalgic for now.

Reactions: Fro

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Did people enjoy last years Wrestlemania?

I thought it was really bad. But then I am an old man smark.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
What was the point of that whole segment, again? They're all in the match already, so what was it for, bragging rights? Order of entrance before the match? :dunno:

"Momentum"

Which considering Mania is still 2 Smackdowns and a Raw away means zip.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Bet you guys anything that Joe catches fire and will be in the main event next Wrestlemania. He will become the hottest thing in Wrestling.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
11 was Super dog****. 2 was a total mess.

Was that the year they tried to do two shows at the same time, in two different stadiums? :laugh:

Bet you guys anything that Joe catches fire and will be in the main event next Wrestlemania. He will become the hottest thing in Wrestling.

It'd be cool to see him get a long run as a main eventer, now that he's finally been rewarded with a title.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Was that the year they tried to do two shows at the same time, in two different stadiums? :laugh:

It'd be cool to see him get a long run as a main eventer, now that he's finally been rewarded with a title.

Yeah 2 was the multi-venue show. That’s why it is one of, if not the worst. It was just logistically such a mess.

4 is really bad too. It is painfully long. Macho winning is a great ending, but most of the tournament matches were shit.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It’s sad how I can’t take the main event of Mania seriously. Ronnie is such a weirdo, Bex has really cooled off and Charlotte is just...there.

Brock and Seth is ice cold too.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The little weirdo is reminding everyone it was fake last night.

I like almost all of her comments.... BUT STOP SAYING It IS FAKE. WE KNOW THAT. It drives me up a wall. :laugh:

Ronda has no clue how to say something and put both people over. She gets the in-ring stuff and gets NONE of the social media stuff.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
isnt this part of the script?
.... even the SNL guys are getting in a match after calling it fake too.
stop blaming Ronda for something WWE is most likely behind.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Oh it's 100% script. Nobody is denying that. They think it's edgy.

Like most problems with WWE - it's not a talent issue, it's a WWE scripting issue.

That being said - Ronda is to blame partially for the social media aspect. She struggles. BAD.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's how you know it was never the plan

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I hope The Rock makes an entrance at Wrestlemania with a flamethrower again and lights Elias’ guitar on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad