WWE: Monday Night Raw 147 - RIP Shinsuke Nakamura's jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Posted from the last thread:

I want Finn's character to be how he is on Twitter...which is essentially a male version of Bayley.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Undertaker's entrance is beyond cheesy. Turning the lights on with his hand movements and rolling his eyes back in his head.

It's pretty much known as the best entrance of all time.

Balors entrance doesn't even hold a candle to it, his jerky movements during it is just laugh out loud worthy. Undertaker just has way more presence.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rather vociferous Charlotte sucks chants.

Build up would be so much better if Charlotte was still the champ. Not like there's been a difference in how it's written

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
*applies figure 8 on Emperoreddy*

14o908z.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Balors entrance doesn't even hold a candle to it, his jerky movements during it is just laugh out loud worthy. Undertaker just has way more presence.

They really need to work on Balor's entrance for the main roster. Mainly the camera work. It was bad.

Rusev-Reigns now? 30 minutes from the overrun? They can't seriously be giving this match that much time, right? There's nothing else that could possibly be the main event though... :help:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

I'm not saying Taker's entrance isn't great. I'm just saying it's incredibly cheesy. Ffs, the man is playing an undead zombie giant. There's no way it could be done without being cheesy.

Maybe Finn's entrance isn't nearly as good, but to dismiss it for being cheesy while championing Taker's entrance is kind of inconsistent.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They really need to work on Balor's entrance for the main roster. Mainly the camera work. It was bad.

Rusev-Reigns now? 30 minutes from the overrun? They can't seriously be giving this match that much time, right? There's nothing else that could possibly be the main event though... :help:

I like the music and the getup, I think he should tweak his actual movements though.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
His mic skills are pretty average, and he's good, not great in the ring.

He's overrated.

That's my opinion. I'm allowed to have it.

If DB is just good in the ring, it begs the question of what you think is great in the ring. You're certainly allowed to have your opinion but people are certainly allowed to criticize your opinion.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
I'm not saying Taker's entrance isn't great. I'm just saying it's incredibly cheesy. Ffs, the man is playing an undead zombie giant. There's no way it could be done without being cheesy.

Maybe Finn's entrance isn't nearly as good, but to dismiss it for being cheesy while championing Taker's entrance is kind of inconsistent.

I've never got to witness Taker's entrance live but people have said that it gives them goosebumps when they're in the arena. I don't think Finn's is there just yet. Don't get me wrong, Finn is one of my favorite wrestlers right now, but I they need to tweak the entrance a bit. I do enjoy the fact though that it is a unique entrance on its own.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am really restraining myself from joining in on the Balor talk :laugh:

Don't make me open a can of whoop ass

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I would say the lore of The Undertaker and the man himself makes it work. I mean it is one of the only gimmicks ever of the 90s to actually have paid off during the era of every wrestler having to have a day job as well as wrestler.

Does a cheesy entrance that tries to take itself seriously work with today's wrestling fans? I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad