Pre-Game Talk: Monday gezame: Toronto Maple Leafs vs New Jersey Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
On any given night anything can happen, sure the Devils on a current 4 game losing street but keep in mind They Beat Carolina, Florida and Tampa this year. Having said that I think Soup comes up big and we squeak out an OT Win.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Any idea of who's in net for NJ in these two games? I believe they are down to their 4th/5th string goalies right now due to injury.

Reactions: glue

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
From an interest and entertainment value I don 't believe these next 2 games against the Devils is going to provide much.

Good opportunity for some stats padding for the Leafs as these games should be over early.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Been a while since we've had a Monday game.

I haven't looked at how Ontario's reopening plan impacts sporting events but I imagine attendance is at 50% capacity?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Time for a Simmonds or Spezza goal in this back to back

Time for one of them to be sat every game. They are getting older, we have a ton of games in a low amount of days.

At some point we need to play Ritchie and let him at least try to show some value, or play Clifford and keep him a bit fresher.

Clifford Engval Simmonds
Ritchie Engval Spezza
Ritchie Engval Simmonds
Clifford Engval Spezza

I dont care which, but dont just bench guys for weeks at a time when the 4th line is old and playing uninspired hockey.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
New Jersey is an interesting team. Obviously as outsiders we're not privy to the inner workings of clubs, but imo these franchises have been the most notable for making data driven decisions and investing in analytics:

Carolina
Colorado
Toronto
Tampa
New Jersey

Again just imo, but I think analytics twitter would broadly agree. And you have four really good teams...and New Jersey. They just can't seem to get things going even though I think they've largely done things the "right" way.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

I haven't looked at how Ontario's reopening plan impacts sporting events but I imagine attendance is at 50% capacity?

50% or 500, whichever is higher. So it would be 500. I believe MLSE said they would only have fans back once attendance can be actually 50% or higher, which I think is not until Feb 21.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
50% or 500, whichever is higher. So it would be 500. I believe MLSE said they would only have fans back once attendance can be actually 50% or higher, which I think is not until Feb 21.

Yeah I read "whichever is less" and assumed 500... might as well have no one there at all.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

No crowd, tickets refunded.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Yeah I read "whichever is less" and assumed 500... might as well have no one there at all.

Yea, I don't think I wrote that right... anyyway, it is 50% or 500 with 500 being the max... I think that was MLSE's thinking too, not worth it. They may invite some groups here and there. They have three more home games in that window. We should see the 50% at the Minnesota game on Feb 24 and I would imagine 100% sometime in March.

Reactions: Once

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
New Jersey is an interesting team. Obviously as outsiders we're not privy to the inner workings of clubs, but imo these franchises have been the most notable for making data driven decisions and investing in analytics:

Carolina
Colorado
Toronto
Tampa
New Jersey

Again just imo, but I think analytics twitter would broadly agree. And you have four really good teams...and New Jersey. They just can't seem to get things going even though I think they've largely done things the "right" way.

They are not a good team, but they have a lot of individuals that can open up the game
A lot of young players with game breaking capability

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Leafs have played 5 fewer than both Panthers and Lightning. Hopefully they make use of the games in hand.

No sign of Muzzin. Maybe coming on for practice later. Looks like he'll most likely not play until after the all star break. Make sure he's good to go.

Reactions: aingefan

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Leafs have played 5 fewer than both Panthers and Lightning. Hopefully they make use of the games in hand.

it's tough to make up ground when you need 3 out of every 4 points just to keep pace. Really seems like a bigger imbalance than usual between the top and bottom teams, at least in the East. Some seasons we would be leading the entire league with our PT%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad