Jun 22, 2009
Calgary
navarres.helo.life
animated_lion_made_of_fire.gif

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Did anyone notice Giordano looking at the clock with 10 seconds left? It was great awareness on his part to make one more play happen.

Banner

Jan 12, 2012
Paying a visit to the Oilers board after a flames win is always entertaining. I'd rather be riding 'luck' and 'unsustainability' than being the worst team in the league for nearly a decade.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
A fantastic game by Calgary.

I will say, when they're not moving their feet, they are a horrible team. In the first period, how many times did you guys count the D take a couple strides then hold onto the puck for 2-3 seconds without moving; just to fire a pass down the ice that misses everyone? I saw at least 3.

This team is among the fastest in the league and needs to use it to be successful.

I thought Colborne had a ridiculously good game; it blew my mind that coach Hartley had him play under 10 minutes; meanwhile bumped Byron up to the top line again for some reason (has to replace a small guy... with another small guy?). Don't get me wrong here, I love what Byron brings; but Hartley's fascination with this guy confuses me. He's a great 4th line energy guy, PKer... but he's not the guy you move up and down your lineup when you need help.

Anyways; great game! Great comeback! Love this team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I hope the Flames had someone recording every shift Bergeron took tonight and zoomed in tight on faceoffs. Watching Bergeron and playing against him will do wonders for Monahan IMO.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just watched the replay of the OT winner. I think that's the one that will go to Byron. Looked like it touched his glove on the way in.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I thought Colborne had a ridiculously good game; it blew my mind that coach Hartley had him play under 10 minutes; meanwhile bumped Byron up to the top line again for some reason (has to replace a small guy... with another small guy?). Don't get me wrong here, I love what Byron brings; but Hartley's fascination with this guy confuses me. He's a great 4th line energy guy, PKer... but he's not the guy you move up and down your lineup when you need help.

Anyways; great game! Great comeback! Love this team.

Colborne was knocked off the puck at least one more time than "small guy" Byron was.

Byron had a hell of a game man, and he's been absolutely money in crunch time (other than one possession in one game during the losing streak) with huge assists and forechecks.

I'm sorry, but anyone criticising Hartley for a game in which his team scores four straight goals...

yeah, um, no.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Colborne was knocked off the puck at least one more time than "small guy" Byron was.

Byron had a hell of a game man, and he's been absolutely money in crunch time (other than one possession in one game during the losing streak) with huge assists and forechecks.

I'm sorry, but anyone criticising Hartley for a game in which his team scores four straight goals...

yeah, um, no.

Neither of them deserves criticism this game. Colborne had a strong game.

But yeah, given we went down 3-0 with Gaudreau on the top line then scored 4 straight (including two while Byron was on the ice) when Byron was on the top line, I'd say the ends justify the means a bit here.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
That is what I saw as well.

That had to be the luckiest bounce ever. Perfectly hitting the white back bar in the net and then Rask skating backwards into it at the right time. He did what the goaltender is supposed to do, just had no idea where the puck was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad