Tuukka Rask
Niklas Svedberg
*Malcolm Subban has been recalled, the reasoning is not yet clear

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I am coming home to the Flames winning their last game, so I'll be pumped for this one.

Since I haven't been able to watch the last two games, what are some things we did well on and things we didn't do as well?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I am coming home to the Flames winning their last game, so I'll be pumped for this one.

Since I haven't been able to watch the last two games, what are some things we did well on and things we didn't do as well?

The two games were complete opposites.

In the LA game, we didn't support the puck at all and our defence failed to move the puck quick enough to break through the Kings' pressure. The ice was as bad as I've ever seen, which didn't help, because it took us an extra second to control every single puck.

In the Vancouver game, we were dominant. Generated a ton of quality scoring chances through 40 minutes, but also made a few mental errors and gave them chances. Both Canucks goals should've been saved, but at the same time they had a few grade-A chances where Ramo bailed us out. Kind of went back on our heels in the third, but that also meant we weren't making the turnovers we were making in the first 40.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's incredibly important we don't get too complacent with our win against the Canucks. The Bruins will come to win, especially to correct their spotty form as of late. I don't have a good feeling about this one, but if there was ever a time we needed to boost our record against the East, it's now

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Boston is being hounded by Florida and don't have much margin for error. Unfortunately, they will be just as desperate as we are. We're going to need to play smart hockey to beat them. We have a speed advantage and we need to use it. Also Gaudreau vs. Chara should be a good matchup for us because Chara won't be able to hit him without bending over and hurting his aging back.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
It feels like every game from here on out is the "biggest game" of the year!

We need to play to our strengths and bring a fast game to the table. 3-2 Flames/OT

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Nice guys, we sure have a classy bunch on our board giving a shout out to Monty. I'm pretty broken up over this. :(

Hope our boys win this, it would sure make a statement! GFG!!!!!

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The two games were complete opposites.

In the LA game, we didn't support the puck at all and our defence failed to move the puck quick enough to break through the Kings' pressure. The ice was as bad as I've ever seen, which didn't help, because it took us an extra second to control every single puck.

In the Vancouver game, we were dominant. Generated a ton of quality scoring chances through 40 minutes, but also made a few mental errors and gave them chances. Both Canucks goals should've been saved, but at the same time they had a few grade-A chances where Ramo bailed us out. Kind of went back on our heels in the third, but that also meant we weren't making the turnovers we were making in the first 40.

All I can say is at least we won one of them. Hopefully Ramo has another decent outing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I wonder if they'll give Monty a moment of silence this game since he played for both teams.
If they don't I will be pretty upset tbh.even if it turns out to be the worst case scenario its no different than someone who has cancer and stops fighting

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
If they don't I will be pretty upset tbh.even if it turns out to be the worst case scenario its no different than someone who has cancer and stops fighting

The Flames are one of the classiest organizations in the league. I have no doubts there will be a tribute/moment of silence for Montador.

I also would be upset if there wasn't.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Flames are one of the classiest organizations in the league. I have no doubts there will be a tribute/moment of silence for Montador.

I also would be upset if there wasn't.
I think there is little doubt they will. Even if we find out he took his own life, he deserves a moment of silence. Not for him but for his family and for people suffering from mental illness that need to know that they are not alone and that we really do care.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
the Bs have reportedly called up Malcolm Subban, some on the Bs board speculate that perhaps Rask is ill.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I almost wish we were playing the Panthers tonight.

But Montador did spend some time with Boston so I think having a tribute to him tonight will be great either way.

Aside from that, this is a big two points for the Flames. Need to jump on Subban early if he is indeed playing. And don't let that rat Marchand get away with any crap.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Well we finally get a break from playing from 3 straight games vs teams we're competing with for the last 4 playoff spots

...and play on a night with 4 of the other 5 in action
...before we play the hottest of the 5

very very tough first 3 weeks of February but 3 more games and then the pressure can come down a tiny bit on the road.

Montador you were a great player and person I'll be wishing the best for your young family during this one and I'm sure the Flames will be doing their best to give them a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad