Value of: Monahan

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
For a guy who is 26 years old, plays center, has scored 204 goals and 439 pts and is 3rd in scoring in the 2013 NHL draft class (only MacKinnon and Barkov have scored more), and has two years left on a reasonable $6.375M AAV contract, Monahan has to be one of the most undervalued/disrespected players here on HF.

To the OP.... don't expect to get any reasonable offers. This is HF after all. Oh.... and Treliving is NOT, with respect to Monahan, going to trade quality for quantity. If Treliving trades Monahan he'll want a first line player in return... not a couple of 3rd line scrubs... no matter what you think their potential is.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
For a guy who is 26 years old, plays center, has scored 204 goals and 439 pts and is 3rd in scoring in the 2013 NHL draft class (only MacKinnon and Barkov have scored more), and has two years left on a reasonable $6.375M AAV contract, Monahan has to be one of the most undervalued/disrespected players here on HF.

To the OP.... don't expect to get any reasonable offers. This is HF after all. Oh.... and Treliving is NOT, with respect to Monahan, going to trade quality for quantity. If Treliving trades Monahan he'll want a first line player in return... not a couple of 3rd line scrubs... no matter what you think their potential is.

Dunno, their have been some very reasonable to intriguing to yes, please proposals in here - Dumba, Vilardi, Kadri, Wilson. How realistic these might be in real life I don't know but for HF, this is has been an absolute success.

Dumba would provide some much offense from the backend, Treliving did try to acquire Kadri previously, Vilardi is a right shot center with potential. And if the Caps ever actually put Wilson on the table there's no way the Flames would say no to moving Monahan for him. That'd be a start the car scenario.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I would definitely to that. Are the Kings down on Vilardi?

Do not listen to those guys.

The Kings are high on Villardi because he brings to the team what we haven't have for decades.
Even in his rookie year they expected big things put the pressure on him after what they invested in him.

He will only leave for a massive upgrade

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I am still big on Vilardi. I just think Vilardi's ceiling offensively is below what Monahan can bring now. I think Vilardi's all around game will be better than Monahan's eventually, but would pay up now to get Monahan.

May i ask what you try to archieve here????

End up 27th instead of 28th ?
Villardi will be an excellent playmaking center in the future and we don't play for the cup right now.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
If Jack and Sam get traded I would hope the Sabres could give him a shot at 1c and see if he would thrive on a new team, that is if a deal could be done..

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Something around Marchessault as a change of scenery type of deal?
Monahan doesn't need a change of scenery. He put up a 55 point pace last year in a down year and finished tied for the team lead in points in the playoffs, this year he played 3/4 of the season injured after starting at a near point per game pace. Contrary to what the HF brain trust likes to believe, Monahan is a low end #1C or a high end #2 at absolute worst. The guy has a better career year than Eichel who some think will garner the equivalent like 5 first round picks, and Monahan gets offers like Marchesseault? f*** that shit.

Monahan is likely going nowhere unless another center is acquired. Two off-seasons ago the Flames tried to add Kadri to give them center depth, then last off-season they moved Lindholm to center to actually give them that center depth. They aren't going to give that up after 1 season, especially after trading Bennett.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What's wrong with Monahan? Talk around here seems like he is a boat anchor to not just the Calgary Flames but to the entire league. What did (or does) he do wrong? I was hoping he would fall to the Devils in 2013, and it seemed to me like he was a solid top six forward. Why the hate for the last two years?
Monahan's problems are 3-fold. First, he plays a quiet game, he's more about using his IQ and being in the right place at the right time than undressing guys and throwing big hits. Second, he keeps his emotions in check; he doesn't go around throwing temper tantrums or attacking guys so people question his heart. Lastly, he's not McDavid or Draisaitl. Ever since McDavid was drafted and Drai really broke out, a portion of Flames fans desperate for more have turned on Monahan because he's not a superstar.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
May i ask what you try to archieve here????

End up 27th instead of 28th ?
Villardi will be an excellent playmaking center in the future and we don't play for the cup right now.

i would be disappointed if LA is bottom 10 in the league next year. With or without this deal.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
2021 first + Timmins for Monahan? I'd do it. Timmins could find his way into a top 4 some day, he just won't hit that on the Avs, too many guys in front of him.
The value is good, but the Avalanche would have to include Compher to make the cap work. Kadri would be another option (although he has more value) but he reportedly vetoed a trade from Toronto to Calgary before he was traded to Colorado.

Bond

May 10, 2012
If Jack and Sam get traded I would hope the Sabres could give him a shot at 1c and see if he would thrive on a new team, that is if a deal could be done..
If Eichel and Reinhart are gone, I don't think Buffalo will have anything the Flames want for him and I'd be surprised if he waived for Buffalo.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Calgary doesn't seem to like Russians, especially if they are trading Kuznetsov due to attitude issues.

Would make sense though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad