Injury Report: Monahan to undergo season-ending injury on other hip, placed on LTIR; Kylington D2D, Mackey recalled

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Monahan hurt. And they kept playing him. 10/10
mild_shock_patrick_stewart_acting.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
"Monahan plays through a lot of things without telling a lot of other people... Keeps it to himself" - Treliving

Said he has a problem in the last few days and they shut him down. Treliving praises his high character, wears a letter for a reason

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Monahan season ending. What a shocker

We can’t buy him out if he’s on ltir, so that really complicates things if he plans on coming back.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
"Monahan plays through a lot of things without telling a lot of other people... Keeps it to himself" - Treliving

Said he has a problem in the last few days and they shut him down. Treliving praises his high character, wears a letter for a reason
10/10.

I doubt he’s playing hockey in any capacity by the time he’s 30. What horrible mismanagement all alroujd.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
God monahan needs to stop doing this. Stopping trying to play thru injuries man, you are ruining your career like this. Forget about hes on ice performance, i admire that hes trying to play thru injures but you are literally ruining yourself doing that.

CF Magic

Jan 30, 2022
Calgary

I don't understand how that make him a high character guy...? He's being selfish knowing that he can't help the team by performing up to a satisfactory level, but insists on playing through significant injuries instead?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
IIRC Monahan has never been a guy that takes his fitness training too seriously. Add in playing through injuries and this is what you get

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The Flames have real shitty doctors and trainers.

A second hip surgery for an already slow poor skating player is a death knell. Monahan's career might just be done. And maybe he knew that which was why he tried to play through it.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I don't. I guess I should have added something along the lines of "there's been rumours"
I don't buy it personally it took hiring Sutter before this team had good conditioning, how many years did this team seem unable to pay a full game all year? To me that says we have a Ward level trainers.

Not to mention the last few years he has had to rehab all offseason which makes it next to impossible to train

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I don't buy it personally it took hiring Sutter before this team had good conditioning, how many years did this team seem unable to pay a full game all year? To me that says we have a Ward level trainers

Well honestly I have no idea how good or bad the trainers have been or are now. There's also off season training which I think players do quite independently, and, again, IIRC Monahan showed up to camp few years ago in not so good condition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad