Confirmed with Link: Monahan + 1st traded to MTL

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Uhhh someone want to try explaining that condition lol
200w.gif

Could be the 2024 pick, but the Habs can defer it to 2025, if the Flames 2025 pick is top 10, it becomes the Panthers pick. If both the Panthers and Flames picks are not lottery picks, it becomes the higher of the two.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Monahan + a first to sign a 32 yr old Kadri at 7x7 is pretty bad.
I'm not a Calgary fan, but I think Calgary will be elite the next couple of seasons when these contracts are reasonable AAV and then will rebuild. I like it: go for the cup, not just consistent playoffs.

Reactions: themilosh

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Even if it cost us a 1st, we still have the 2025 1st evening things out. Plus, if mid last season someone offered us an extended Kadri for Monahan and 1st would anyone here have not taken it?

Out:Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Monahan, 1st
In:Huberdeau, Kadri, Weegar, 1st

Our first line got worse, our second and third line got a LOT better, and our entire D-core just became an embarrassment of riches, and we dumped everyones favorite whipping boy from last season (never fully liked that and I think he bounces back with better opportunity). Hard to see how this off-season isn’t a win now.

Also bold statement: I’d bet our 2023 1st this year is a later pick than Florida’s 2025 first, the Atlantic is going to be a bloodbath in two years time and who knows what happens to Florida by then.
Same amount of people the remember this post. Lol

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Brad just said in this presser that he hated having to give up a 1st but his hands were tied due to the flat cap
He didn’t have to sign Kadri either…

Im really f***ing hoping that contract is good for at least the first half because otherwise this looks really bad. I’m surprised some insiders thought he had positive value. They were way off it turns out

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
200w.gif

Could be the 2024 pick, but the Habs can defer it to 2025, if the Flames 2025 pick is top 10, it becomes the Panthers pick. If both the Panthers and Flames picks are not lottery picks, it becomes the higher of the two.
K. And what if both panthers and flames picks are top 10 ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad