Confirmed with Link: Monahan + 1st traded to MTL

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The 1st is a "might" according to Engels. Friedman and Dregs still silent on that.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sad to see Mony go. Probably the most consistent goal scorer on this team since Iginla until his hip got busted. Did lots of great things in the community and always seemed to love playing on this team.

Hope he bounces back in Montreal.
Hip, both wrists, knee and herniated discs IIRC. Yet, dude has a marshmallow reputation instead of a warrior one.

Would rather give up a 1st than Pelletier, Coronato, or Wolf.

Please not the 2023 1st tho

Yeah, that 2023 first even if mid to late seems like it'll be valuable. I don't know if it's more valuable than someone like Wolf though... but the other two even though it's close, I could swallow.

Added to OP. Interesting.

The hell? I thought the first was essentially confirmed by Friedman? Did I misread? Huh... it'll be interesting to keep tabs on then.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Hip, both wrists, knee and herniated discs IIRC. Yet, dude has a marshmallow reputation instead of a warrior one.

Yeah, that 2023 first even if mid to late seems like it'll be valuable. I don't know if it's more valuable than someone like Wolf though... but the other two even though it's close, I could swallow.

The hell? I thought the first was essentially confirmed by Friedman? Did I misread? Huh... it'll be interesting to keep tabs on then.
The first was cited by some rando on twitter. Engels said it's a 'might.' Friedman's only remark was he is hearing Monahan to Mtl.

Reactions: Fig

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Still no word on the trade. Just might include a 1st. I could see the Flames swapping the 1st with the Habs 2nd or something.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Which 1st will be more valuable? Flor or ours? I think they'd be pretty close.
Sucks to have to add a 1st for 1 more year of Monny.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
You know what would be super nice is if that "significant asset" ended up being Valimaki. Like Monahan + Valimaki for Byron or something. Dare to dream

Most likely it's just Florida's 1st. Sucks but the complete deal of Monahan+1st for Kadri makes it palatable.

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Doesnt work. Flames are trading Sean to lose cap.
Would be a net gain of 1.3 mil and that’s without Montreal retaining on dadonov which is possible. Just a total guess by me. Have a hard time seeing Brad attach a 1st to Monohan to receive nothing in return.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Would be a net gain of 1.3 mil and that’s without Montreal retaining on dadonov which is possible. Just a total guess by me. Have a hard time seeing Brad attach a 1st to Monohan to receive nothing in return.
We need to lose 5+m tho

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Which 1st will be more valuable? Flor or ours? I think they'd be pretty close.
Sucks to have to add a 1st for 1 more year of Monny.

I think the Florida is more likely to have a drop off and have that pick be significantly better. But it is also lottery protected and a few years away if I am not mistaken and that would lower its value.

I think most likely each pick will be in the 22-25 range so in the end likely not much different but if given the option I would probably take the Florida pick based on the greater chance it turns out better.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
The whole idea of MTL having to move cap out to add Monahan makes no sense to me. Why are we trying monahan to a team that cant even take him unless the habs specifically asks for him. And if they asked for him, why are we adding a 1st to do this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad