Rumor: MON-VAN: Garrison to MON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
No thanks. We already have a lot of left dmen and we need to make space for the youngsters. Doesn't make any sense...

Exactly, garrison is not and never will be a top pairing dman, we need a right handed defenseman to play on the 2nd pairing.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Exactly, he plays the same type of game that Hamrlik brought when he was with MTL. Him and Subban would be a much better pairing than Gorges-Subban in terms of pushing the offense. Pair Gorges with Markov and sign a decent veteran RHD for Tinordi and you have yourself a great defense.
Weaver would be fine.

Garrison - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Beaulieu/Tinordi - Weaver

That's a great group of defenseman. Especially with Pateryn waiting in the wings.

I mean I'd prefer not to trade our first rounder. If Vancouver would prefer to have Emelin... be my guest. :laugh:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
People are actually saying it doesn't make any sense to add Garrison when we have no legit 2nd pairing guy on this team?

I feel like he's exactly what the doctor ordered for our d-core.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Weaver would be fine.

Garrison - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Beaulieu/Tinordi - Weaver

That's a great group of defenseman. Especially with Pateryn waiting in the wings.

I mean I'd prefer not to trade our first rounder. If Vancouver would prefer to have Emelin... be my guest. :laugh:
I doubt they're looking for an NHL defenseman in this deal (Gorges or Emelin), they just traded for Sbisa. I think they're looking at a guy like Beaulieu. They have practically nobody beside Frank Corrado in their prospect pool that's a solid prospect.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I doubt they're looking for an NHL defenseman in this deal (Gorges or Emelin), they just traded for Sbisa. I think they're looking at a guy like Beaulieu. They have practically nobody beside Frank Corrado in their prospect pool that's a solid prospect.
The only guy I consider moving Beaulieu for is Tanev.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Van is rebuilding/trying to get younger, so they looking for draft picks/nhl "ready" prospects. Not a good idea IMO for MTL.

Garrison is not much more then a good shot.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
@VanCanucks: #Canucks acquire 50th overall pick from Tampa Bay for Jason Garrison, the rights to Jeff Costello and Van's 7th round pick in 2015.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i find it hilarious that Vancouver added to Garrison to get the 50th OA pick hahahaha

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Well, I would've been in favor of taking on Garrison IF it meant shedding salary as a result... But straight-up for a pick? Yeah... I guess TB won't be a player on the UFA market...

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Exactly, he plays the same type of game that Hamrlik brought when he was with MTL. Him and Subban would be a much better pairing than Gorges-Subban in terms of pushing the offense. Pair Gorges with Markov and sign a decent veteran RHD for Tinordi and you have yourself a great defense.

Other than a booming shot, garrison does not bring much. He should help the PP but he is accustomed to his share of brain farts.

I'd take hamrlik over him easily.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

maybe bergevin wanted a 2nd PP that was just as dangerous to burn teams from the point...i dont know butim glad we didnt get him...too much money,

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Now the question is.....if they are in full rebuild mode....what will they do with the twins...curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad