Rumor: MON-VAN: Garrison to MON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockoli

Jun 24, 2004
@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing TB and MTL as potential landing spots for Garrison. TB was interested in Garrison when he was UFA and chose VAN.
12:26 PM - 27 Jun 2014

Aug 25, 2009
éal
he shoot left... not sure how it make sense we just re-signed markov and have emelin, gorges, tinordi, beaulieu playing left side already...

have to think one of emelin/gorges would be going back

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Vancouver just traded for a d-man. So sounds logical

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Now that VAN has traded Kesler to ANA, hearing VAN still very active, may still be looking for No. 1 overall, perhaps trading Garrison.

37 minutes ago

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't see it happening with the amount of LD the Habs have already, unless they are unloading one of Gorges or Emelin.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing TB and MTL as potential landing spots for Garrison. TB was interested in Garrison when he was UFA and chose VAN.
12:26 PM - 27 Jun 2014

Nice try but this isn't even the most recnt info. on this development.

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph ·44 mins
This may be out there, but #canucks did ask Garrison to waive NTC last week and he agreed as long as he approves the destination.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Now that VAN has traded Kesler to ANA, hearing VAN still very active, may still be looking for No. 1 overall, perhaps trading Garrison

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm in.

26th + what?

Vancouver can then trade the 6th + 24th + 26th for the 1st lol

Garrison would instantly be our #2. He's better than everyone we have except Subban.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't see it happening with the amount of LD the Habs have already, unless they are unloading one of Gorges or Emelin.

he shoot left... not sure how it make sense we just re-signed markov and have emelin, gorges, tinordi, beaulieu playing left side already...

have to think one of emelin/gorges would be going back
Emelin would be the odd man out IMO. Gorges is a 'character' guy and had pretty good playoffs while Emelin was relatively shaky. Given the fact that Emelin's NTC and his contract only kicks in next season, now would be the most logical time to trade him. Sure his season could be due his recovery from his injury but can we really gamble on that with that contract of his? If it turns out that this is the best of Emelin we'll ever see in MTL, paying 4.1M for a fringe top 4D is not amazing value.

Washington could be interested in adding more defense this summer and given the crazy contractual demands from the few options available, they might be interested in Emelin. He'd be a good partner for fellow russian Orlov and is a HUGE upgrade over Erksine in terms of physical presence on the back-end. I'd ask for Brouwer back.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Depends on the return. If it just meant giving up "undesirables", and via whatever other means it didn't have a negative impact on our cap, well adding Garrison might be ok. But frankly, I don't really see him as a "need", we have a good PP shooter already, and another very pricey middle-pairing guy doesn't seem like a good priority to me.

Garrison got a lot of attention getting used more than he ordinarily would have on a bad team in his last year in Florida, but I think the more recent showings after he signed in Vancouver have put a damper on his value. I don't see how the Habs could really justify going after him.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Depends on the return. If it just meant giving up "undesirables", and via whatever other means it didn't have a negative impact on our cap, well adding Garrison might be ok. But frankly, I don't really see him as a "need", we have a good PP shooter already, and another very pricey middle-pairing guy doesn't seem like a good priority to me.

Garrison got a lot of attention getting used more than he ordinarily would have on a bad team in his last year in Florida, but I think the more recent showings after he signed in Vancouver have put a damper on his value. I don't see how the Habs could really justify going after him.

I'd give up a Ryan White. Something like that

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm in.

26th + what?

Vancouver can then trade the 6th + 24th + 26th for the 1st lol

Garrison would instantly be our #2. He's better than everyone we have except Subban.

Exactly, he plays the same type of game that Hamrlik brought when he was with MTL. Him and Subban would be a much better pairing than Gorges-Subban in terms of pushing the offense. Pair Gorges with Markov and sign a decent veteran RHD for Tinordi and you have yourself a great defense.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Garrison is way more than a "good PP shooter". He's easily our 3rd best d-man if he comes here.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Remember how good Markov made Souray look on the PP? That's what you get with Garrison. Except with a better defensive game.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Wouldn't mind this at all. He's played the right side with Hamhuis and Campbell before which is a plus.

Pipe dream is Emelin for Garrison.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
No thanks. We already have a lot of left dmen and we need to make space for the youngsters. Doesn't make any sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad