Proposal: Mon trades

Willbury88

Jan 23, 2014
Lmao we’re not giving up an unprotected first and a first round caliber prospect for a 29 year old signed for 1 year past this one.
What would be fair in your mind? And if there is no intrest in tatar what would you like edm to do at deadline

Reactions: HabsQC

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
What would be fair in your mind? And if there is no intrest in tatar what would you like edm to do at deadline
No interest in Tatar. I’d like Holland to go out and get a guy like Hoffman or Pageau. Saad would be absolutely ideal. Guys like Toffoli, AA, Kase would also be nice. Someone that would mesh well with Mcdavid and fit our age group moving forward. Hoffman is the only one there over 26/27 but I think he’d be the absolute perfect compliment to Mcdavid and I’ve wanted to see him here for a long time.

Then, make a minor deal with Khaira and a mid round pick or something to get a 3rd liner like Namestnikov with retention or something like that.

Forward depth, but relatively youngish forward depth is what I want.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Petry deal is the only one that even seems close to even-ish to me. If the Habs do move him, he's going to be really attractive and a lot of teams involved. A 1st+ sort of package doesn't seem out of line (or equivalent, as in Bean+ Bokk).

The Tatar deal seems insane to me. I'd think you'd be happy to get one of those pieces for him. Either the 1st, or Lavoie. Certainly not both.

Willbury88

Jan 23, 2014
No interest in Tatar. I’d like Holland to go out and get a guy like Hoffman or Pageau. Saad would be absolutely ideal. Guys like Toffoli, AA, Kase would also be nice. Someone that would mesh well with Mcdavid and fit our age group moving forward. Hoffman is the only one there over 26/27 but I think he’d be the absolute perfect compliment to Mcdavid and I’ve wanted to see him here for a long time.

Then, make a minor deal with Khaira and a mid round pick or something to get a 3rd liner like Namestnikov with retention or something like that.

My thought was that although tatar is a bit older witch I understand your point was that tatar was a good fit could be a 30 or 30+ goal 70 point guy with McDavid or dri and could play a 200 foot game plus the familiarity with holland

Willbury88

Jan 23, 2014
The Petry deal is the only one that even seems close to even-ish to me. If the Habs do move him, he's going to be really attractive and a lot of teams involved. A 1st+ sort of package doesn't seem out of line (or equivalent, as in Bean+ Bokk).

The Tatar deal seems insane to me. I'd think you'd be happy to get one of those pieces for him. Either the 1st, or Lavoie. Certainly not both.
With what is available and in my mind he has more value now then when he got a 1st 2nd and 3rd maybe habs could eat some salary not sure

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
With what is available and in my mind he has more value now then when he got a 1st 2nd and 3rd maybe habs could eat some salary not sure

What one GM paid 2 years ago isn’t relevant in today’s market. Larsson doesn’t fetch a top line winger today does he?

Reactions: biturbo19

Willbury88

Jan 23, 2014
What one GM paid 2 years ago isn’t relevant in today’s market. Larsson doesn’t fetch a top line winger today does he?
Was using that as an example of his value that's what I ment by I think his value is higher now compared to that where as larrsons value has gone down

VinceHabs

Aug 2, 2015
Montréal
To be fair, Larsson has been worse with edmonton than he was with the devils, where Tatar has had 2 career years with mtl

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

Im confused

you want scoring depth but dont want Tartar? He is better or is having a much better season that every guy you mentioned. He isnt much older than half of those guys, he also has a year left on a good deal while most of those guys are UFA......

Reactions: Willbury88

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm not sure how eager the Oilers should be to move a 1st. At one point, their 1st line was McDavid/Neal/Kassian...right now, all of those guys are out. And that Pcific is a dog fight....

The other 2 trades? I think Dumba-Domi is decent, not sure how Petry will be valued, but i think the OP has one to many pieces going to MTL.

EDIT: Thought there was a 1st in there as well....i take that back about the amount of pieces.

Last edited:

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
All 3 are lopsided in Montreal’s favour.
Montreal won't be trading Tatar, Droiun , Domi , Petry , for lesser talent in return . If the return is only equal talent why make any trades . Trading players just for the sake of making a trade doesn't solve anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad