Proposal: Mon trades

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Domi for Dumbs =pretty even
Tatar will get us a 1st +
Petry for bokk bean, again another pretty even trade.
Baseball is just around the corner.

I don't get how Domi has this sort of value. He had a great year last year, but this year hes on pace for sub 50 points again (back in line w/ previous years).

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I don't get how Domi has this sort of value. He had a great year last year, but this year hes on pace for sub 50 points again (back in line w/ previous years).

It's been discussed in another thread where it was seen as fair by both sides maybe small add by the habs like a third etc.

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

Actually the same can be said for Dumba. Who had the big 50pt season, followed by a great start last year. Now he's back to his regular 30pt pace. The difference being Dumba may or may not be fully recovered from the injury he suffered last season.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Well it seems that fans from the two teams involved seem to think the value is fair in the Domi for Domba thread.
The only ones that disagree seem to be Fans from other teams,especially those that have a hate on the Habs.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Im confused

you want scoring depth but dont want Tartar? He is better or is having a much better season that every guy you mentioned. He isnt much older than half of those guys, he also has a year left on a good deal while most of those guys are UFA......
Don't worry about it man you're alright, it's Oiler fans, they confuse themselves.

I mean their team lacks depth on the wings, and according to them a perennial 25 goal scorer /roughly 60 point winger is a bad fit.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

Reactions: Old Drunk Guy

dimedime

May 31, 2019
With what is available and in my mind he has more value now then when he got a 1st 2nd and 3rd maybe habs could eat some salary not sure

Tatar’s play on the ice is more valuable now than his play at the time of the Vegas trade. But the length of team control now has less value than the 4 years of team control when Vegas traded for him.

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Domi + 2nd for Dumba
Tatar for Puljujarvi + 1st + Gagner
Petry for 1st + Bean
That Tatar trade alone is pretty bad. Gagner is a cap dump (ok he expires this year but still) and Puljujarvi is worth a 3rd at best. I'd want something else, if they're gonna get Tatar from my team. Edmonton is in a wide open playoff spot where they can easily cruise to the conference finals... Not gonna buy their baloney saying it's a mid-1st... yeah sure.

Also take off the 2nd from Domi trade because there's absolutely no reason why Dumba would be worth a 2nd extra.

Last edited:

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Domi for Dumba is perfectly even. Minnesota fans agree.

Tatar for 1st and Lavoie (a 2nd rounder) is also even. Tatar is easily worth what he got from Detroit (he's way better now than he was when traded that time & better cap hit). That being said, I wouldn't pitch him to Oiler fans. They're just impossible to deal with.

Petry is worth a 1st + 2 2nds. I don't care much about Bokk and the Habs have zero need for yet another left defenseman prospect. We're set on prospects. I want that 1st and then some, not two question marks.

Reactions: JFH

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
It's been discussed in another thread where it was seen as fair by both sides maybe small add by the habs like a third etc.

If that's all it takes to get Dumba, i have no hesitation. We desperately needs to adds to our pathetic D. Also Dumba fits our groupe age. We have lots of options on our top 9. No top end talent (except maybe Suzuki) but still. We easily should use our depth on wings to get stronger on the back end.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Don't worry about it man you're alright, it's Oiler fans, they confuse themselves.

I mean their team lacks depth on the wings, and according to them a perennial 25 goal scorer /roughly 60 point winger is a bad fit.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!
Or...and i know this sounds crazy...they aren't interested in moving a 1st+? They could target Toffoli for a 2nd+....

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The way i see it now, i'd do the followings:

At deadline:
Petry for 1st + nhl ready prospect
Tatar for 1st + project (Bennett or Puljujarvi kinda player)
Kovalchuk for a 3rd
Scandella or Kulak for a 4th
Thompson for a 4th

At the draft :
3 x 1st round picks (1 top 10)
2 x 2nd rounder (in the 40's)
2 x 3rd rounder
5 x 4th rounder
2 x 5th rounder

1st of july (i know it won't happens)
Try to sign Hall or Krug

Summer
Domi + Mete + 2021 1st
for
Brodin (and extend him) + Dumba

I'll return to sleep. Thx for reading.

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Domi for Dumba is perfectly even. Minnesota fans agree.

Tatar for 1st and Lavoie (a 2nd rounder) is also even. Tatar is easily worth what he got from Detroit (he's way better now than he was when traded that time & better cap hit). That being said, I wouldn't pitch him to Oiler fans. They're just impossible to deal with.

Petry is worth a 1st + 2 2nds. I don't care much about Bokk and the Habs have zero need for yet another left defenseman prospect. We're set on prospects. I want that 1st and then some, not two question marks.

Are you sure it was Minnesota fans and not a fan who's probably a habs fan ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->