Post-Game Talk: Mon. Oct 24th 2016 | Flyers 1 @ Canadiens 3

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I thought the Flyers played extremely well yesterday besides McDonald and Streit. Until the flyers just get completely blown away I won't be angry or upset when they lose.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I thought the Flyers played extremely well yesterday besides McDonald and Streit. Until the flyers just get completely blown away I won't be angry or upset when they lose.
Yeah, I really don't see much need for major lineup changes.
On D we just have to hope that MDZ will be back soon. Our defense should look much better when he's back.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, I really don't see much need for major lineup changes.
On D we just have to hope that MDZ will be back soon. Our defense should look much better when he's back.

I hope so. I don't know what people will do if the team keeps losing with MDZ & Gudas back and possibly VdV out of the lineup when Raffl & Weise return.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
They deserved at least 1 point out of that game. The awful call on Couts and the 2 or 3 phantom "offsides" calls when the Flyers had numbers cost them the game. Between the DoPS and the game-day officials, you have to wonder if there will ever be a time where this team gets a fair shake over any substantial stretch of time.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Man, Streit had almost six more ES minutes than Schultz.

Hak didn't reduce his ice time at all.

I really don't know what he is supposed to do with the 6 defenseman he had to work with for the first 6 games. You could nitpick on minutes I guess but that is a below average defensive group that was iced for the first 6 games. I am talking the whole group in general. not saying they are all terrible.
Gudas getting back will help but there is still going to be issues with defenseman getting more minutes and tougher minutes then they should be getting.
Cant wait for MDZ to get back. dude is a minutes eater and is solid in all 3 zones.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Poor Ghost... playing with 2015-2016 Manning and also MacDonald...

It'll be great if he can have a real partner one day.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Don't want Giroux and Konecny on the same line, it's redundant.
The lines are fine, Schenn will get going at some point, two big guys protect Giroux and allow him to float and make plays.
Great chemistry on the second line, why mess with it.
Trick is going to find a 3rd line that works.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
People do understand what it means. It's called EXAGERRATING.

No, that's not exaggeration or hyperbole; it's simply using the wrong word. MacDonald did not "literally" look like a turnstyle. In fact, the antithesis of "literally" is appropriate. MacDonald figuratively looked like a turnstyle.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
People really need to understand what the word literally means.

No, that's not exaggeration or hyperbole; it's simply using the wrong word. MacDonald did not "literally" look like a turnstyle. In fact, the antithesis of "literally" is appropriate. MacDonald figuratively looked like a turnstyle.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/misuse-of-literally

It's actually used correctly and even says so in the dictionary now...

Language evolves. Quit crying over one word someone used and focus on the actual thread.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Every dictionary that includes such a definition also includes a caveat that it is informal and/or improper.

And I'm pretty sure your post resembles "crying" more than anything anyone else has said on this topic. ;)

Well, good thing for us this is an informal hockey forum on the Inter-webs and not a thesis paper ;)

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
So, is it just me or is Giroux just going steady. I'm not saying he's bad, just that I'm not excited to see him play anymore. I can't remember if last season he had too many breakouts. Like, before he was captain, all you could hear was Giroux this or Giroux that. Now I don't really care about the first line coming out

I'm just fine with Giroux being as boring as he wants if he continues to be over a point per game.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I'm not too distraught with this game. We outplayed them for the majority and if not for a mixture of Carey Price and the CARS in place (Canadien Assisting Refereeing System) then we'd probably have won. Just imagine, offsides given both ways, powerplays for us too(!), it could have been close.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What's happening to Giroux is really best case scenario for us. Obviously as he gets older he's going to score less, like every aging player does, but the fact that he's still able to be over PPG and such an important part of our team, despite being less flashy and quick, means he should be able to remain an important part of the team as he ages. Younger flashier players will pick up his scoring slack as the years pass (Konecny and Ghost) and hopefully the team adding more depth will make Girouxs eventual decline a minor issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad